Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

Sure. You can announce Vargas as an infielder. I’ll say something positive now. Vargas reminds me a little of Edgar Martinez before the power kicked in. Hey, maybe he’ll get stronger and become a real good DH.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Yet there are fans that continue to go out to the ballpark and pay money to watch this team. If there ever was an organization that deserved an empty stadium it is this one.

I’m going tonight because I am in town and I love my brother. Might also see the Sox break a record.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If you buy a season ticket package for 2025, the White Sox will give you some free tickets to a game this year. 

s%*#, they should let you pitch or DH a game.

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And salary relief was a thing. He has to sell the team, or at least give up his control of everything. He can't make it better.

Crochet and/or Robert for salary relief on Benintendi must be next.

The king has no clothes. 

Edited by caulfield12

I’m still in utter disbelief by this trade.  Like I want to be an optimist, but I just don’t fucking see it.  I felt the same way with the Fletcher trade and to a lesser extent with the Santos trade.  This just reeks of overzealous scouting by Gene Watson and a front office who doesn’t know to appropriately value players (which is not surprising given our lack of analytical muscle).  This trade is built like we think we’re getting a legit top 40 overall prospect and not a former one who has shown some serious warts in his first 430 plate appearances.  Just feels way too light and CBSSports talked to three rival evaluators who said as much.  Getz is so in over his head right now and not bringing in a veteran GM as an advisor to help think through things (like how to handle your first trade deadline) was a massive miscue.  Like how the f*** has Crochet been on the back burner this whole time while Getz focused entirely on this whopper of a trade.  This franchise is completely and utterly fucked thanks to Chris Getz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

14 minutes ago, Jake said:

Presumably the Sox are coming out way ahead in terms of money spent though, so if they spent a half mill to drop 10 mill in salary, they still saved money (this is not an endorsement of making salary-shedding deals, just doing some accounting)

Sure, but we traded a bunch of guys who made very little in the grand scheme of things.  My point is we wouldn’t have eaten any money if we were in great financial distress.

I still don't get how St. Louis got Fedde and Pham and basically gave up nothing. For both the Sox and the Dodgers, this makes no sense. 

Even if you buy it as a salary dump by the Sox, the Dodgers got nothing also. 

I don't get it. 

Just now, JoshPR said:

Watch the golden calf fix Kopech...

For MK sake I hope the Dodgers do fix him. If they do I will not blame the White Sox for him, because I think they've tried everything they can with him.

Sometimes a change of scenery and different perspectives is just what is needed

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Don't worry.. Tousaint is up

We have a Touki sighting...excellent. He started every game I attended in person last season. They did lose them all, but who's counting.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1