Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Like taking a chance on Vargas. Really like both young bats. Those are the types of bats available in this market. The trade still seems at least one player short though. I thought Fedde had more value. 

This is basically exactly what I said earlier. Underwhelming return because it feels like a player short, but not nearly the disaster of a trade that most are claiming. 

6 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

https://x.com/JohnDenton555/status/1818034898139234523

They tried to go 1-1 and the Cards raised the ante.  

Apparently, that guy worded his tweet and portrayed the news inaccurately.  There was another tweet in which the guy accurately portrayed the news on how the trade happened.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

23 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Feede for Edman as the first trade thoughts tells me that TLR is pulling the strings. 

TLR still having influence wouldn't surprise me. Look what his influence did for AZ for all of those years... 

You know, it is quite possible that baseball as a whole is prospect hugging and these are just the kind of guys available in trades now. It might be hard to hear after what we saw the Sox get for Sale/Q/Eaton in terms of prospect quality but it seems the industry has moved in a different direction. 

When was the last time a major haul got traded? Last one I can think of is Soto. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

You know, it is quite possible that baseball as a whole is prospect hugging and these are just the kind of guys available in trades now. It might be hard to hear after what we saw the Sox get for Sale/Q/Eaton in terms of prospect quality but it seems the industry has moved in a different direction. 

When was the last time a major haul got traded? Last one I can think of is Soto. 

Then don't make a trade or call the bluff. It wouldn't have been ideal but SURELY just not trading Fedde would have been better than this crap. 

I get the feeling Getz was too proud and foolish to just admit nobody really wanted Pham, he wanted to make it seem like he turned a dime into a quarter there. He didn't. He wasted every single cent he paid Pham and also denied ABs to more worthy, younger players already in the org. 

7 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

For a Fedde, the price that was paid by SD for Mark from TB would have been perfect.

7 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

That would possibly fly if we didn't just watch the Rays trade for significantly better prospects for a worse player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

That is entirely possible, and if true, the White Sox "rebuild" is completely fucked. They will be bad for a very, very long time.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, the Dominic Fletcher over Jake McCarthy recommendation from Josh Barfield worked out so well.  Perhaps a Mike Tosar recommended player will work out even better?

I feel like we had a white guy, short dude, with flowing locks, that was like a mildly hyped OF type but because he was a short white dude with flowing locks and some rizz he got more hype than warranted. f*** his name is on the tip of my tongue, from the late 90 most likely.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I feel like we had a white guy, short dude, with flowing locks, that was like a mildly hyped OF type but because he was a short white dude with flowing locks and some rizz he got more hype than warranted. f*** his name is on the tip of my tongue. 

Steele walker? 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So instead of scouting, we are taking the word of a guy who hasn't seen this kid live in a year.  Quality work there White Sox.

We keep seeing all of these quotes about someone other than Getz seemingly picking or recommending players.  I know Getz gets the final say but is he always deferring to others or does he normally pick his own players to acquire?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I feel like we had a white guy, short dude, with flowing locks, that was like a mildly hyped OF type but because he was a short white dude with flowing locks and some rizz he got more hype than warranted. f*** his name is on the tip of my tongue, from the late 90 most likely.

You back on Brian Anderson?

• Haha 1

Ozzie Guillen would've been the perfect manager for the Sox because on the pregame he said he doesn't want prospects with tools but instead wants BALL PLAYERS. He doesn't care "if they hit the ball hard"

f***ing jerkoff quitter would have fit right in with this loser organization again

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Do you like them better than Ryan Burrowes and Arxy Hernandez?

Of course. These guys are middle of the top 30 types 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For a Fedde, the price that was paid by SD for Mark from TB would have been perfect.

That’s a pitcher deal though. Sox could’ve probably topped this if they took pitching in return. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We keep seeing all of these quotes about someone other than Getz seemingly picking or recommending players.  I know Getz gets the final say but is he always deferring to others or does he normally pick his own players to acquire?

Hahn didn’t know A ball players either. You always rely on scouts, front office team etc 

37 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Like taking a chance on Vargas. Really like both young bats. Those are the types of bats available in this market. The trade still seems at least one player short though. I thought Fedde had more value. 

No offense, but how do you "really" like a couple guys who have barely made it out of the Dominican Rookie ball? Based on what?

They're lottery tickets. Plate discipline is the one stat that isn't even predictive as you move up levels either... with Vargas? Fine, I get his discipline and pitch selection is real. These kids strength right now isn't even a projectable skill at that level.

I Remember Sox legend Benyamin Bailey with those great low level, hows he doin?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No offense, but how do you "really" like a couple guys who have barely made it out of the Dominican Rookie ball? Based on what?

They're lottery tickets. Plate discipline is the one stat that isn't even predictive as you move up levels either... with Vargas? Fine, I get his discipline and pitch selection is real. These kids strength right now isn't even a projectable skill at that level.

I Remember Sox legend Benyamin Bailey with those great low level, hows he doin?

Shorter:

How can you be sure if the sox "like a guy" that he's any good?

• Like 1