Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

51 minutes ago, Jake said:

Would be nuts to pigeonhole this kid at DH already. But with this brain trust, I can't rule out the possibility that it's the plan

He supposedly has no glove, but the Sox should be using these pointless games to try to figure out if he can at least play one position averagely.  Relegating him to DH already would be stupid.  I assume they are just easing him into things with his new team.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He supposedly has no glove, but the Sox should be using these pointless games to try to figure out if he can at least play one position averagely.  Relegating him to DH already would be stupid.  I assume they are just easing him into things with his new team.

He hasn’t really played the OF all that much, throw him in LF and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He hasn’t really played the OF all that much, throw him in LF and see what happens.

I’d try another position unless you think there is a chance the Sox part ways with Benintendi early.  Or would you put Benintendi at DH?  I’m assuming he is going nowhere.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Enough.

We sent 3 MLB players and got back (2) 19'ish year-olds and a AAAA who has 3 MLB years, 400 ABs, and a .658 OPS.

We're f***ed

Our GM is an idiot. 
Our Owner doesn't care about winning, just profit.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT?????

We ARE the worst team in baseball.  EVER.

Just...STFU.  It's not trades, it's not coaches, its not even GMs.

IT"S THE OWNERSHIP.
STOP WASTING YOUR TIME UNTIL THIS CHANGES.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

• Heads22 unpinned this topic

Now seeing the Flaherty deal - I guess one question is - who was worth more, Flaherty or Fedde.  But with that in mind - I would probably argue Flaherty had more value - given he has a long term track record where he flashed vs. Fedde being a one year wonder. Both have been very good this year though - Flaherty has a much better ERA and FIP this season and track record.

It wasn't like Flaherty got a Top 100 prospect. It seems like the reality is the market for these guys (in fairness Flaherty is a rental vs. Fedde) was not what anyone thought it was. So as I look at that, while I still think they got a guy less, I don't think ultimately the Fedde deal was as bad as I previously thought (unless the Sox wanted to roll the dice and keep him rest of this year and through the trade deadline in which case maybe they get one extra guy or something else).  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Now seeing the Flaherty deal - I guess one question is - who was worth more, Flaherty or Fedde.  But with that in mind - I would probably argue Flaherty had more value - given he has a long term track record where he flashed vs. Fedde being a one year wonder. Both have been very good this year though - Flaherty has a much better ERA and FIP this season and track record.

It wasn't like Flaherty got a Top 100 prospect. It seems like the reality is the market for these guys (in fairness Flaherty is a rental vs. Fedde) was not what anyone thought it was. So as I look at that, while I still think they got a guy less, I don't think ultimately the Fedde deal was as bad as I previously thought (unless the Sox wanted to roll the dice and keep him rest of this year and through the trade deadline in which case maybe they get one extra guy or something else).  

I think teams trading for Fedde definitely make this argument: no track record, only having a good few months. But if he overhauled his mechanics and mixed up his arsenal, the old Fedde is no more. Oh well. Hopefully Vargas surprises.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think teams trading for Fedde definitely make this argument: no track record, only having a good few months. But if he overhauled his mechanics and mixed up his arsenal, the old Fedde is no more. Oh well. Hopefully Vargas surprises.

The last part has been said many times and many times those players revert back to historical norms.  I can think of Phil Humber who everyone thought was fixed and after a season...poof went right back to who he was.  It happens - especially for someone who didn't have elite swing and miss stuff, which reality is MLB focuses a ton on that.  Kopech will be around for a long time on that basis.  

1 minute ago, bmags said:

uh yeah we sure did get close to that package.

Lol, there is no way Sox went from Walker Jenkins, Brooks Lee & Emmanuel Rodriguez to Miguel Vargas.  I could definitely have seen them asking for 1 of them, though.  Maybe that is what Dan is saying, but its not really how it reads. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, there is no way Sox went from Walker Jenkins, Brooks Lee & Emmanuel Rodriguez to Miguel Vargas.  I could definitely have seen them asking for 1 of them, though.  Maybe that is what Dan is saying, but its not really how it reads. 

It's possible it is reading that way. I can see asking for one for sure. Because you don't go from asking for all 3 to what they ended up getting lol

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Well more like Luke Keaschall to Vargas. But damn I love brooks lee that'd have been nice. Would have probably been 1-1

18 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Chris Getz is in over his head with this job.  He f***king sucks, but I'm not shocked.  Jerry wanted him and he f***ing sucks too

Sounds like they simply targeted Vargas as a must-get based off their assistant hitting coach.  And yes, Getz has made terrible trades.

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I read that as the Sox price was really high, and the Twins price was really low.  No big surprise there.

So Getz passed on the Twins #5 prospect and MLB’s #92 prospect Luke Keaschall, who is likely moving up the charts with the way he is hitting.  He can also play 2B and CF, while Vargas can’t play any position and is 3 years older than Keaschall.

Getz passed on this kid for Vargas because he didn’t want Fedde in the division for next season when the Sox will be terrible yet again?  Taking away Keaschall from the Twins long-term and giving them Fedde for one season would have been a great trade-off.

Good god, Getz is fucking horrible.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1