july 29 the sox are playing "baseball" against kc

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Another total waste of 5 million by Getz

$5.5 million for Brebbia to be precise.  $4.5 million for Maldonado.  Another $4.3 million for Nicky Lopez.  $3 million for Soroka.  $3 million wasted on Clevinger.  $1.8 million for Tim Hill.

It all adds up to $22.1 million and it’s all so so bad.  Nice job, Getz.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Paying money to go see this team only makes things worse. I don’t think the old man will do anything until it starts costing him money. I know the organization still makes money from the MLB tv contracts and such but still…. that stadium should be empty for every home game. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t forget Maldonado 

I updated my previous post.  It’s like $22 million wasted on garbage players that are either gone already, should be DFA, or are injured.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

$5.5 million for Brebbia to be precise.  $4.5 million for Maldonado.  Another $4.3 million for Nicky Lopez.  $3 million for Soroka.  $3 million wasted on Clevinger.  $1.8 million for Tim Hill.

It all adds up and it’s all so bad.

Yet JR doesn't seem to have any issues with it. 

This will be the 21st time the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and lost the game. 

Third time Wilson has been directly responsible, Fourth time Brebbia (another waste of JR's money) has been responsible.

I wonder if Wilson and Brebbia know each other very well.  They could get together and compare notes, pitching philosophy, grips, you know, how to get guys out with the game on the line late. They could support each other.  Team effort. Ask who is the most overpaid.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And the thing is, no one is shocked those guys were awful

No, not at all.  These guys were expected to be awful by most posters in the offseason while they were being acquired.

Getz thought they would at least turn around the defense.  Oops…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No, not at all.  These guys were expected to be awful by most posters in the offseason while they were being acquired.

Getz thought they would at least turn around the defense.  Oops…

How is he not fired after this season?  Of course, we know he is as safe as possible.