july 29 the sox are playing "baseball" against kc

Just now, fathom said:

How is he not fired after this season?  Of course, we know he is as safe as possible.

JR is going to be annoyed enough as it is that he has to replace Grifol and pay out the final year of his contract.

Getz is safe for a long while, as he did what JR wanted — slashed payroll overall.  JR won’t even notice that he wasted $22+ million on a bunch of shitbag players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There has to be another league Jr can be promoted to.  He's too good for MLB.  

While Witt is moved up to that league, Getz, Grifol, and the Sox should be demoted to Low A ball.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have to say, I can't believe anyone actually watched this game with the Olympics on.  

Shhhh....noone did.....this gamethread is all AI generated.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

While Witt is moved up to that league, Getz, Grifol, and the Sox should be demoted to Low A ball.

Getz and Grifol should be banned for the sake of integrity of the game

Just looked at the box score. Is the hold the most useless baseball stat ever? Wilson got his 9th hold of the season for that effort.

I offer up for consideration a new pitching stat....the try....if the official scorer deems they put in the effort a pitcher will be given a try.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Can you imagine what it feels like to be traded from the Dodgers to the White Sox? I bet Miguel Vargas is depressed. 

I don’t know. Every player is an independent contractor at the end of the day. Getting an everyday opportunity is valuable. A lot of players don’t get that with the Dodgers.

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

I don’t know. Every player is an independent contractor at the end of the day. Getting an everyday opportunity is valuable. A lot of players don’t get that with the Dodgers.

Yeah, his paycheck just like 15 X'd.  

Royals announcers calling it their best win of the season. 10-1 versus the Sox.

I listened to the late inning carnage while driving. On Sirius so the Sox announcers. This one had a feel of a victory and then the implosion. Embarrassing bullpen performance. The KC announcers said the Sox had the second worse defense in the AL. Hilarious how a good player like Witt owns the worst team in baseball. He's smart to take advantage of all those at bats against the Sickening Sox.

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Give it time. He'll be a downtrodden shell of his former self simply going through the motions in no time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have to say, I can't believe anyone actually watched this game with the Olympics on.  

I won't watch a minute of the Games. I won't say why. I do enjoy Simone Biles though. She is the best gymnast of all time. I'll watch highlights but not live.

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

Just looked at the box score. Is the hold the most useless baseball stat ever? Wilson got his 9th hold of the season for that effort.

I offer up for consideration a new pitching stat....the try....if the official scorer deems they put in the effort a pitcher will be given a try.

Great another stat the Sox can be last in.