july 29 the sox are playing "baseball" against kc

Just now, greg775 said:

I won't watch a minute of the Games. I won't say why. I do enjoy Simone Biles though. She is the best gymnast of all time. I'll watch highlights but not live.

I am sure I know why.

• Haha 1

Here's a few more numbers to wrap your head around:

The Sox have lost the last 15 straight games Flexen has started.

Brebbia (0-6) and Soroka (0-10) are now 0-16 combined on the season. 8.5 million of JR's dollars wasted with zero wins.

Only in the world of the White Sox.

3 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

he thinks he's so witty... or maybe he's genuinely thinks that he shouldn't say the reason why

I know I'm not witty. I know my place and censor myself so I never get suspended again.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Royals announcers calling it their best win of the season. 10-1 versus the Sox.

I listened to the late inning carnage while driving. On Sirius so the Sox announcers. This one had a feel of a victory and then the implosion. Embarrassing bullpen performance. The KC announcers said the Sox had the second worse defense in the AL. Hilarious how a good player like Witt owns the worst team in baseball. He's smart to take advantage of all those at bats against the Sickening Sox.

Yet Getz said he was building his team around improved defense. ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fathom said:

I ask again, how does Jerry sit back and not at least apologize to the fans?  What a fucking asshole.

He's incapable of saying the right thing and has spent 40 years proving it.  And he's so hated that anything he says would be chopped to shreds.  So, better to say nothing.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Sox fest is going to be cancelled again next winter! 

no doubt... the sox management are the softest in the league!

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Brebbia (0-6) and Soroka (0-10) are now 0-16 combined on the season. 8.5 million of JR's dollars wasted with zero wins.

Somebody’s got to lose them

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Hard to best Anthony Young's 2-19 or whatever it was... 

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I know I'm not witty. I know my place and censor myself so I never get suspended again.

There is nothing to censor.  The thing you are protesting is not what you think it is, and it’s sad that you bought into the reason for it.  That ceremony was not making light of what you think it was

Hit the hay when we were ahead 4-2 and just knew that the Sox wouldn’t hold the lead. I’m out of with words describing this team and season. Everyday and game the Sox have to be hemorrhaging more and more fans, I’m not sure the Sox can survive in Chicago much longer unless new ownership happens very soon.

• Like 1

I really wonder what it would take for JR to wake up in the morning and finally realize all the people in the baseball ops department he employs , have no idea what they are doing, and when it comes to building a team, neither does he. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Hit the hay when we were ahead 4-2 and just knew that the Sox wouldn’t hold the lead. I’m out of with words describing this team and season. Everyday and game the Sox have to be hemorrhaging more and more fans, I’m not sure the Sox can survive in Chicago much longer unless new ownership happens very soon.

I bet 5 on the Royals when they went up 5-2.  Just knew it was coming so felt like why not make a buck too lol

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I really wonder what it would take for JR to wake up in the morning and finally realize all the people in the baseball ops department he employs , have no idea what they are doing, and when it comes to building a team, neither does he. 

Makes you really wonder if he preferred it that way all along

• Like 1

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Looks like the TDL was about 2 weeks to late for Brebbia.

Did you make a bet before the 8th inning started?

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I did the same thing, I actually thought hey maybe the Sox might win a game :)

I also had the same thoughts this morning about how this franchise survives in Chicago. I read White Sox Dave at Barstool say that JR wants to cut $30 million from the payroll because of loss of revenues. It's sad but like you point out new ownership could be the answer, it could also be the end if they move the club.

After 5:00 o'clock today I hope the Sox are giving playing time to youngsters. For Pete's sake release the slugs in the bullpen if they can't trade them. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I did the same thing, I actually thought hey maybe the Sox might win a game :)

I also had the same thoughts this morning about how this franchise survives in Chicago. I read White Sox Dave at Barstool say that JR wants to cut $30 million from the payroll because of loss of revenues. It's sad but like you point out new ownership could be the answer, it could also be the end if they move the club.

After 5:00 o'clock today I hope the Sox are giving playing time to youngsters. For Pete's sake release the slugs in the bullpen if they can't trade them. 

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

To what end?  I have ideas but I don’t want to be a conspiracy nut.

He has determined the way to make money with this team that has the path of least resistance and least spend.  He is happy with it and spending over his determined amount makes him spend less when it doesn’t work out lol 

24 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Did you make a bet before the 8th inning started?

It was my bet and I made it right at this moment  

IMG_4220.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1