Latest as of early 7/30 GC likely to move, LR not

Guessing Reinsdorf made it an edict that Crochet has to be out the door today. Hopefully with enough teams bidding the value still stays high. Not shocking Robert doesn't have a lot of interest. He needs to rebuild his value. 

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

Doesn't make sense that there aren't teams willing to buy low on Luis Robert.

There probably are teams willing to buy low. We just can’t afford to sell low. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

There probably are teams willing to buy low. We just can’t afford to sell low. 

Yeah say what you want about the current regime, but they are not dumb enough to just give Luis Robert away for no reason at his lowest.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

He has been terrible and has looked uninterested in playing very hard.  All he had to do was go on a hot streak and he’d be playing for a contender.  It’s better that the Sox don’t sell him low.  Just have to hope he stays healthy and gets hot the rest of the season and/or before next year’s trade deadline.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

With Crochet dangling and Getz dealing, I feel like a guy awaiting execution. Maybe I’ll eat a pint of ice cream and a bucket of chicken. 

Perhaps you will pass out early from your food coma and not have to see the disappointing return after the Sox include Benintendi’s contract.  ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He has been terrible and has looked uninterested in playing very hard. 

He’s been stealing bases and going all out on D. You wanna see low effort? Wait until Vargas gets here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He’s been stealing bases and going all out on D. You wanna see low effort? Wait until Vargas gets here.

Yah, I don't really think effort is the issue with Robert.  He's just been in one of those funks where he can't lay off the slider.  It happens every year.  And then a couple weeks later he looks amazing again. He's just a streaky hitter.  If he weren't, he'd be an 8 WAR Player. 

Robert may not be a "fiery" player but I don't think its an effort issue. I think most of it is he's just so athletic, he makes everything look effortless.  

10 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Dodgers fans I've read say he played with a ton of heart and will be missed. But, okay. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

No team is going to pay a premium for a .741 OPS CF.  We just have to wait until he gets hot for an extended period of time.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

No team is going to pay a premium for a .741 OPS CF.  We just have to wait until he gets hot for an extended period of time.

He is an .816 OPS career gold glove caliber CF just reaching his prime years under control for 3.33 seasons.  You love using small sample sizes to fuel your negativity, but then will use larger ones when its convenient.  Robert has not been good in 2024, and trading him at his lowest would be dumb.  But let's please stop acting like the guy doesn't still have a ton of value.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Said in another thread, Robert is our future Moncada. They’ll hold on to him until the end of his contract and get nothing for him. Fans here will rejoice when he’s no longer on the team.

• Like 4

I think I need to stay off Soxtalk for the rest of the day since most likely any return will just depress me and ruin the rest of my Tuesday.....see y'all later this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3