Latest as of early 7/30 GC likely to move, LR not

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He is an .816 OPS career gold glove caliber CF just reaching his prime years under control for 3.33 seasons.  You love using small sample sizes to fuel your negativity, but then will use larger ones when its convenient.  Robert has not been good in 2024, and trading him at his lowest would be dumb.  But let's please stop acting like the guy doesn't still have a ton of value.  

and CF is the weakest offensive position in baseball.

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He is an .816 OPS career gold glove caliber CF just reaching his prime years under control for 3.33 seasons.  You love using small sample sizes to fuel your negativity, but then will use larger ones when its convenient.  Robert has not been good in 2024, and trading him at his lowest would be dumb.  But let's please stop acting like the guy doesn't still have a ton of value.  

I don't think teams like to pay for control at the deadline. Like they want this years player, and they'll pay more if they can keep him for future years. But I don't think they want to pay the extra fee for a guy who may not be helping put this years teams over the top.

• Like 3

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?qual=150&pos=cf&pagenum=1&pageitems=30

Can’t trade at #24 out of mid 40s in CF.

1.0 fWAR vs. Jackson Merrill burying him in value. Or Brenton Doyle in Colorado.

Have to hold him if the team is as desperate financially as claimed.

Look at #42.  Not a shocker…defense always has suppressed his value, especially in center.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I also think Dominguez has a little bit of that Yankees helium propping him up more than he should be..

Sure seemed like it.

When was the last Yankees prospect that they traded away that was remotely good? Like the orioles getting that speedy guy 7 years after he was a top prospect to be good is like the best success story I can think of (and I really wanted him in the Kahnle deal).

I feel like Crochets demands would probably lessen his value but I'm hesitant on keeping him until the off season due to his increased injury risk. That's the same reason why I wanted them to move Robert ASAP. One more injury and you can kiss his value goodbye

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

When was the last Yankees prospect that they traded away that was remotely good? Like the orioles getting that speedy guy 7 years after he was a top prospect to be good is like the best success story I can think of (and I really wanted him in the Kahnle deal).

Jorge Mateo. That's who just got hurt. Traded to the A's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

With Crochet dangling and Getz dealing, I feel like a guy awaiting execution. Maybe I’ll eat a pint of ice cream and a bucket of chicken. 

Did you also hit the pipe and forget you already posted this an hour ago? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Did you also hit the pipe and forget you already posted this an hour ago? 

Sometimes a man just really wants a bucket o chicken ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I feel like Crochets demands would probably lessen his value but I'm hesitant on keeping him until the off season due to his increased injury risk. That's the same reason why I wanted them to move Robert ASAP. One more injury and you can kiss his value goodbye

Our guys are likely to get hurt, whomever we get in return will stay healthy until they put on a Sox uniform. Then they will get injured also and lose value. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Sometimes a man just really wants a bucket o chicken ?

Shout out to the Soxtalker who once told me about stopping at the side of road with his wife at "barrel o chicken" who said it was the best chicken he ever had in his life....I do not remember who that was but I loved the story especially since I think he said it was while on his honeymoon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I know Robert is better than what he has shown this season.  But he’s having a mediocre year (yes, his OPS is down to .741) and he’s also been injured this season.  My whole point was that the Sox should wait until he is OPS’ing above .800 so they can sell him high and get back what he’s worth.  I’m not sure why you are upset by what I said.  I agree with you.

• Like 1

Great job Chris. Holding firm and not looking desperate. He has really sold the "hey, we don't mind keeping these awesome players". 

The best deal he can get will look like a failure, if he doesn't make a deal today it will look like a failure.