Latest as of early 7/30 GC likely to move, LR not

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I know Robert is better than what he has shown this season.  But he’s having a mediocre year (yes, his OPS is down to .741) and he’s also been injured this season.  My whole point was that the Sox should wait until he is OPS’ing above .800 so they can sell him high and get back what he’s worth.  I’m not sure why you are upset by what I said.  I agree with you.

I am not upset, tbh.  Sorry if came off that way.  Sometimes just gets a little exhausting weeding through your rhetoric.  Doubt I am alone. 

Here's to hoping Robert has a monster first half next season.  Sox could certainly use the good fortune.  

5 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Dodgers fans I've read say he played with a ton of heart and will be missed. But, okay. 

I live out in SoCal - my Dodger friends all thought pretty highly of him and think he's going to be a good player, but he just didn't get enough playing time. Wouldn't be the first Dodger stuck in that position.  Its kind of hard to get regular playiing time (vs. platoon) on that roster unless you are a bonafide superstar.  

Dodgers thought a lot more highly of Vargas than Busch.  Busch has put up 2.5 WAR thus far this season.  I really don't think it would be a shocker if Vargas became a 3 WAR+ type of player.  With 5 years of control...that isn't bad.  

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cole was just scratched by NYY for "body fatigue"

That's a new one. Although he is coming off an injury and hasnt looked particularly sharp so they are probably just protecting him.