Trevor Rodgers to BAL

12 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

As weird/bad as the Fedde trade was, I still wouldn't have been happy with what Baltimore sent to Miami. 

That doesn’t make much sense.  Fedde has been much better than Rogers, although Rogers has a second year of control before free agency.  Neither Norby (Orioles #5 prospect) nor Vargas have a glove but even if they are on par, the Marlins also received an outfield bat in Stowers.  The Sox had to include Kopech with a better pitcher in Fedde for their return.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That doesn’t make much sense.  Fedde has been much better than Rogers, although Rogers has a second year of control before free agency.  Neither Norby nor Vargas have a glove but even if they are on par, the Marlins also received and OF bats.  The Sox had to include Kopech with a better pitcher in Fedde for their return.

If the Sox traded Fedde for Norby and Stowers yesterday, you'd be posting how great it was?  I doubt it. 

I think we can all agree that Chris Getz isn’t qualified to be the GM of an MLB franchise. That Fedde/Kopech/Pham deal was BRUTAL. Anyone who argues otherwise is dumb or a friend of Getz. The whole “we should be happy we got this for a guy who wasn’t even in the league last year” take is ridiculous. The Sox had a reliable/effective starting pitcher that many teams wanted, and Getz brings us back a bare cupboard package. Wake me up when Jerry sells our favorite team. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

If the Sox traded Fedde for Norby and Stowers yesterday, you'd be posting how great it was?  I doubt it. 

That’s about what people expected for Fedde initially.  A backend top 100 MLB prospect and a guy later than that.

And Fedde >>> Rogers.

It’s a better return than what Getz got back for Fedde + Kopech.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That doesn’t make much sense.  Fedde has been much better than Rogers, although Rogers has a second year of control before free agency.  Neither Norby (Orioles #5 prospect) nor Vargas have a glove but even if they are on par, the Marlins also received an outfield bat in Stowers.  The Sox had to include Kopech with a better pitcher in Fedde for their return.

Maybe the league just isn't sold on Fedde being able to continue this performance. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Maybe the league just isn't sold on Fedde being able to continue this performance. 

But the league, or at least the Orioles, are sold on Rogers to be worth more?  He’s a ~4.50 ERA backend of the rotation starter.  I guess two more years of control over a mediocre starter is better than just one more year of control over a good starter?  Perplexing considering the Sox also included Kopech.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

I think the league clearly isn't seeing Fedde as a sure bet, Getz still could have probably at least gotten another player of the caliber of the two 19 year olds we received, and also that Vargas is the superior prospect out of Vargas/Norby/Stowers which likely relates to why Sox dealt with Dodgers rather than O's.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But the league, or at least the Orioles, are sold on Rogers to be worth more?  He’s a ~4.50 ERA backend of the rotation starter.  I guess two more years of control over a mediocre starter is better than just one more year of control over a good starter?  Perplexing considering the Sox also included Kopech.

Not like Kopech was having a stellar year. He's a talent project who hasn't lived up to any potential. What was he really worth?

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think the league clearly isn't seeing Fedde as a sure bet, Getz still could have probably at least gotten another player of the caliber of the two 19 year olds we received, and also that Vargas is the superior prospect out of Vargas/Norby/Stowers which likely relates to why Sox dealt with Dodgers rather than O's.

Based on the quotes outside the org. Vargas is not viewed that way. Clearly, the Sox value him like that. We’ll see who’s right.

15 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I would feel much better about the return. Getz gave up more and received less in return. , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vargas probably better than Norby.  Stowers does nothing for me on this team.  I wont pretend to know about the 19 year olds we got.

I'd bet Elias offered this deal to the Sox and they chose Vargas over Norby, which is reasonable.

The problem with the Fedde trade was it was one player short, especially if we included Kopech... who isn't great but had some value.   

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

Vargas probably better than Norby.  Stowers does nothing for me on this team.  I wont pretend to know about the 19 year olds we got.

I'd bet Elias offered this deal to the Sox and they chose Vargas over Norby, which is reasonable.

The problem with the Fedde trade was it was one player short, especially if we included Kopech... who isn't great but had some value.   

It's more than a player short... It's a headliner short.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I wouldn't have been thrilled, but it is WAY better than what we actually got, especially with throwing in Kopech and Pham.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Based on the quotes outside the org. Vargas is not viewed that way. Clearly, the Sox value him like that. We’ll see who’s right.

I am going to go with the Dodgers on this one.  We will see though.

3 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

The Sox picked up an average prospect who is out for the season. It's woefully short. 

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Apparently. 

Kopech for a 50 FV 19 year old and a 45 FV 19 year old is an excellent return for how bad he has been.

If you want to say Kopech was traded for the two 19 year olds, then holy crap what a deal, maybe Getz really knows what he's doing!

• Paper Bag 1