Alexander Albertus Injured

BamaDoc

It may have been mentioned in another thread but I haven't seen it so sorry if redundant.  Albertus has a stress fracture/rxn in his left tibia and has been shut down for the year.  He is expected to be ready to play next spring.....................................

8 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

It may have been mentioned in another thread but I haven't seen it so sorry if redundant.  Albertus has a stress fracture/rxn in his left tibia and has been shut down for the year.  He is expected to be ready to play next spring.....................................

You just can’t make this s%*# up.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

This is Getz not wasting a year.

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

It's a stress reaction in the tibia. He'll be fine. Usually a 1-3 month injury depending on the severity. 

8 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Ok i dont really know medical terms and such but did we just trade for a guy with a broken leg?

No. A stress reaction or fracture is more like a crack from overuse and the pain coming from the periosteum or covering of the bone.  Going to need to modify his footwear for the future but shouldn't be a long term issue.

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Different sport, but I can't help but think of Kevin White. 

Totally different injury for a football player. His was severe enough they put a rid in his tibia to try to take the stress off the bone.  Didn't work. 

Developmentally, losing the last month of the minor league season doesn't seem like the end of the world. But this does feel like a typically White Sox thing, though.

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

Developmentally, losing the last month of the minor league season doesn't seem like the end of the world. But this does feel like a typically White Sox thing, though.

I wouldn't stress over it.

#granddad jokes

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jake said:

I believe someone pointed out that he was in the complex league and they are done so his season was done anyway.

it does make for some new cannon fodder for this iffy trade.

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I believe someone pointed out that he was in the complex league and they are done so his season was done anyway.

it does make for some new cannon fodder for this iffy trade.

He played the last few weeks at A level