Tanner Scott to SD

4 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

55,50,45,40 ratings by MLB.com on the four for a rental.  Flip side, SD must have the worst remaining farm system.

FWIW, Fangraphs has these guys as 40+, 40+, 40, and <35 (unranked). And they all seem to be having bad seasons, although that is at least somewhat factored into those grades which were just updated.

Feels like overkill when they have 4 solid back end relievers and needed a starter much more desperately.

Lesko and Snelling both cratered this year.  Mazur also struggled badly.

If Scott had additional years of control…but this is an all or nothing type of move like Kimbrel.

Don’t understand who fills back end of rotation without Darvish or Musgrove.

Salas and De Vrieze are their last two high end guys now.

System way way down chasing WC desperately.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Or maybe Getz was just wrong…

Lol ok.  If that was the case, why wouldn't the Dodgers just trade for Fedde straight up (since they gave up all the prospects anyways) and flip him?  They preferred Tommy Edman. 

Edited by Nardiwashere

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

Lol ok.  If that was the case, why wouldn't the Dodgers just trade for Fedde straight up (since they gave up all the prospects anyways) and flip him?  

Don’t ask me…  why didn’t Getz get any prospect(s) from the Cardinals?

4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Lol ok.  If that was the case, why wouldn't the Dodgers just trade for Fedde straight up (since they gave up all the prospects anyways) and flip him?  They preferred Tommy Edman. 

I actually think that is the weirdest part of the trade....

The Dodgers need pitching help, Fedde and Edman are being paid about the same this year, Fedde is getting paid less than Edman next year, Edman hasn't played at all this year (and honestly sucks anyway).

It's very odd they wouldn't just trade to use Fedde and then trade for like, DeJong or another cheap infielder lol

Somehow, it seems like they got the least valuable part of the deal with Edman at like $12.5M for remainder of this year and next.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Don’t ask me…  why didn’t Getz get any prospect(s) from the Cardinals?

I'm asking you because you were the one that implied Fedde was equal to what SD gave up (even though you said in another thread, you'd be happy with Norby and Stowers).  

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I actually think that is the weirdest part of the trade....

The Dodgers need pitching help, Fedde and Edman are being paid about the same this year, Fedde is getting paid less than Edman next year, Edman hasn't played at all this year (and honestly sucks anyway).

It's very odd they wouldn't just trade to use Fedde and then trade for like, DeJong or another cheap infielder lol

Somehow, it seems like they got the least valuable part of the deal with Edman at like $12.5M for remainder of this year and next.

Exactly.  I don't get what they were doing at all.  To be honest, it makes less sense than the Sox.

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

Exactly.  I don't get what they were doing at all.  To be honest, it makes less sense than the Sox.

Like it could have been a 2-team deal where Sox get those guys from Dodgers and Dodgers get Fedde, DeJong, Kopech, and Pham (platoon with one of their lefties). Or trade Pham in another deal similar to DeJong.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, Nardiwashere said:

I think it was Passan today that said they’ve loved Edman forever 

I think the return for Fedde remains better than for Richards and Scott. Of course, it should have been and even moreso than it is.