"If this goes down as one of the worst seasons ever, it's on absolutely NO ONE but the players."

Not to defend this boob, it sounds like this wasn't offered as serious analysis but as something motivational for the players (whether it would motivate, IDK). Sort of a rah rah buckle up and keep your name out of the history books kind of thing

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I blame the guy(s) who put the roster together more.

The roster is bad, but I didn't think it was the worst team of all time bad. He has never pushed the right button in the two years he has been here.

• Thanks 1

I plan on pouring myself 2 or 3 fingers of fine scotch the evening this assclown is fired.  What an unbelievable leader of men, I can't imagine why the majority of the organization seems to be going through the motions. 

I mean, i hate Pedro as much as the next guy.  He should have been fired last season.  But he's not completely wrong here.  And at this point, its going to be mostly a new clubhouse anyway.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

If there was ever a professional sports team that needed an absolute house cleaning, its this one.

I probably would have used "colonic irrigation" but I get your point.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Riordan is as big a piece of s%*# as Grifol, so grain of salt here. But nobody should be surprised that Pedro would say something this ignorant and stupid. I will take the smallest amount of pleasure in the fact that in Baseball history, Pedro Grifol will go down as one of the worst managers of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

How are we letting this weirdo get away with a clearly fake quote again?

(paraphrasing) ?

Are you talking about Riordan?  The dude is a drama queen

This team could have easily won 30 games by now with the right manager. Great players, even very good players, can overcome bad coaching. Guys lucky to be on a MLB roster need great coaching to stay barely on a MLB roster. 

Here's the saddest part, most of the players are playing to their potential. 

Next step? College managing? Bench coach for an old buddy?