"If this goes down as one of the worst seasons ever, it's on absolutely NO ONE but the players."

Just now, fathom said:

Wouldn’t be a shock because the Sox look less focused than ever, as if they’re losing on purpose to piss their manager off 

Again, this is insane.  This is these dude's livelihoods.  They have millions of dollars riding on their performance.  Young guys want to stick in the league and make enough money to be set for life.  The older scrubs want to stay in the league.  Everyone is trying.  Outside of a few guys, they just are not any good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Are you talking about Riordan?  The dude is a drama queen

Yea, he has been busted several times over the years for exaggerating or making stuff up.  Last time he got called out for it he deleted his twitter for awhile until he realized he couldn't hit on awkward 19 year old White Sox twitters girls without his account.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Riordan is as big a piece of s%*# as Grifol, so grain of salt here. But nobody should be surprised that Pedro would say something this ignorant and stupid. I will take the smallest amount of pleasure in the fact that in Baseball history, Pedro Grifol will go down as one of the worst managers of all time. 

Only 44 more games until he qualifies for managerial records, Sox should fire him that night and he will be the all time leader in worst win % in baseball history.  Would be difficult to believe he would ever get another job to unburden himself of such an honor. 

Edit, I was mistaken, the Sox would have to go 9 and 44 the rest of the way for Pedro to drop below Doc Prothro to have the worst winning % of all time. 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
Correction

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

Do you REALLY think Chris Getz currently has any say on Pedro Grifol? 

Honestly, I don’t know. I know everybody thinks it’s all JR. Maybe they’re right. 

but nor do I see any evidence that Getz is displeased with him.  At the very least, he could micromanage Grifol on some of the stupid thing that he does. But that hasn’t happened.

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

An organizational enema is what I call it. Queue @hi8is

Some say the end is near Some say we'll see Armageddon soon I certainly hope we will I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three-ring Circus sideshow of Freaks
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call Chicago
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away Any fucking time, any fucking day Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Michigan bay

Fret for your figure and Fret for your latte and Fret for your lawsuit and Fret for your hairpiece and Fret for your Prozac and Fret for your pilot and Fret for your contract and Fret for your car

It's a Bullshit three-ring Circus sideshow of Freaks
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call Chicago
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away Any fucking time, any fucking day
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Michigan bay

Some say a comet will fall from the sky Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits
And some say the end is near
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon I certainly hope we will I sure could use a vacation from this Stupid s%*#, silly s%*#, stupid s%*#

One great big festering neon distraction I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim
'Cause Mom's gonna fix it all soon Mom's comin' 'round to put it back the way it ought to be

Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim

f*** L. Ron Hubbard and f*** all his clones f*** all these gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes

Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim Learn to swim, learn to swim

f*** retro anything f*** your tattoos f*** all you junkies and f*** your short memories

Yeah, f*** smiley glad-hands With hidden agendas f*** these dysfunctional Insecure actresses

'Cause I'm praying for rain I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way I wanna watch it all go down
Mom, please flush it all away
I wanna see it go right in and down I wanna watch it go right in Watch you flush it all away

Yeah, time to bring it down again Yeah, don't just call me pessimist Try and read between the lines
I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend

I wanna see it come down Put it down Suck it down Flush it down….

Poop.
Edited by hi8is
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Again, this is insane.  This is these dude's livelihoods.  They have millions of dollars riding on their performance.  Young guys want to stick in the league and make enough money to be set for life.  The older scrubs want to stay in the league.  Everyone is trying.  Outside of a few guys, they just are not any good. 

You would think, but then you have Benintendi jogging around the bases the other day as an example 

Personally I hope it's the worst clubhouse ever. To think they are harmonious and all pulling together would make this season 1000x worse. But hey JR, here's your new walk up tune

A change, it had to come We knew it all along We were liberated from the fold, that's all And the world looks just the same And history ain't changed 'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war
I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution Take a bow for the new revolution Smile and grin at the change all around Pick up my guitar and play Just like yesterday Then I'll get on my knees and pray We don't get fooled again, no, no

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wouldn’t be a shock because the Sox look less focused than ever, as if they’re losing on purpose to piss their manager off 

I condone this under these circumstances. ?

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yes this is the logical thing to think, but if you WATCH the effort on the field, it tells an entirely different story, more specifically the guys who already have contracts.

• Like 1

What’s the logic behind keeping this toolbag around the remainder of the season? If it’s for financial reasons, that’s laughable. Didn’t  Jerry just spend like $3.5 billion on an infrastructure development plan outside of the United center. Yet he can’t pay 2 managers a total of $2 million dollars? Lol 

I love how Jerry has these unwritten rules of “business” as he watches this team continue to burn to the ground and smolder into the deep dark blemishes of everlasting Hell. ? 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes this is the logical thing to think, but if you WATCH the effort on the field, it tells an entirely different story, more specifically the guys who already have contracts.

Ive seen a few posters defend Luis' effort, I guess were just seeing different things because that guy looks like he doesn't give a f*** right now.

• Like 1