Eloy to Baltimore

i could be TOTALLY off on this but i don’t think this guy ever worked out during the off-season, i think he was flat out lazy.   Baseball is a game that once you start struggling, it’s very hard to turn it around.   A total waste!!

10 minutes ago, Johno said:

i could be TOTALLY off on this but i don’t think this guy ever worked out during the off-season, i think he was flat out lazy.   Baseball is a game that once you start struggling, it’s very hard to turn it around.   A total waste!!

Eloy and Moncada both in my opinion.  I think guys like TA, Luis, and Kopech are at least putting in some mild effort but they definitely aren’t putting in the work to reach their true potential.  

21 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Eloy and Moncada both in my opinion.  I think guys like TA, Luis, and Kopech are at least putting in some mild effort but they definitely aren’t putting in the work to reach their true potential.  

I don't think it's an accident that guys like Eloy Jimenez developed into guys who hit weak ground balls on the time when they're playing for the white sox. Regardless of how much they're staying in shape, they're being told to hit the ball on the ground, so they do exactly that and everyone is stunned when it turns them into terrible hitters.

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

TA worked his ass off.  Every morning during the off season he was at the Bo Dome hitting, taking grounders and working out.  TA obviously had his issues but putting in the work was not one of them.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Poor Eloy. His career already is in the bounce around stage. I wonder who'll take him for next season,

He's not all that poor.  Getting a $6 million going away present to enjoy over the offseason...to go along with Moncada's $24 million for this year plus $5 million buy out.

CONTRACT NOTES

• 2025 Club option includes a $3M buyout (50% retained by CHW)
  • 2026 Club option includes a $3M buyout
Edited by caulfield12

12 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Eloy, TA, Moncada…remember when we thought we had the start of an amazing core? Crazy that isn’t possible all 3 of them won’t be able to find a job on a MLB roster next year. 

Yes, I recall thinking the rebuild was working, and the Sox would be contenders for a long time. It is amazing what has happened to these players.