Eloy to Baltimore

24 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

It has been 84 days since Eloy hit a homerun.

Eloy has been virtually playing on one good leg. He is still a decent hitter but can't push off to generate power. The recurrent hamstring injury may end his career. That kind of injury is increasingly susceptible to re-injury regardless of conditioning.  In any case Eloy may still be able to help the O's down the stretch with a few key singles here and there. If the O's win anything, it will be more than the WSox will in the next few years. Eloy is not missing anything here where there is no positive vibe of any kind. No smile, no laughter in the clubhouse. This team is dead in the water.

On 8/6/2024 at 11:24 AM, KipWellsFan said:

It has been 84 days since Eloy hit a homerun.

He’s doing pretty good… seems like a change of scenery thing. The Orioles have no intention of playing him in the field and he appears to be one side of the DH platoon.

I think one of the things that killed Eloy and a lot of Sox players was the joy they used to play with. I mean, Rick Renteria allowed them to have fun. Tim Anderson is the one most folks point to, but Eloy definitely had fun. Whether it was him tipping his cap, the way he wore his shirt, etc. I think once TLR came in, things got too uptight. 

Not saying Eloy will ever meet his potential. I think a strength and conditioning coach will play more into that, but it's just a factor in terms of why some things didn't work out.

2 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

He’s doing pretty good… seems like a change of scenery thing. The Orioles have no intention of playing him in the field and he appears to be one side of the DH platoon.

The Sox wouldn't primarily DH him because they're soft as baby s%*# and let him force their hand due to his opinion of "I'm not a DH, I'm a baseball player" 

No you're a gigantic, out of shape, oaf who happens to play baseball. Sit your ass down until it's your turn to bat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The Sox wouldn't primarily DH him because they're soft as baby s%*# and let him force their hand due to his opinion of "I'm not a DH, I'm a baseball player" 

No you're a gigantic, out of shape, oaf who happens to play baseball. Sit your ass down until it's your turn to bat

He played the OF once this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He DHd 104 times last year and OFd 14.

And in 2019 he played the OF in 93% of his games. It increased to 98% in 2020. 67% in 2021

So yeah, they eventually figured it out. An entire major league organization let this dumbass tell them where he'd play for his first few years despite 9 IL/DL stints from 2019-2021 because they're- again- soft as baby s%*#

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

And in 2019 he played the OF in 93% of his games. It increased to 98% in 2020. 67% in 2021

So yeah, they eventually figured it out. An entire major league organization let this dumbass tell them where he'd play for his first few years despite 9 IL/DL stints from 2019-2021 because they're- again- soft as baby s%*#

They figured it out two years ago and apparently you missed it.

• Haha 1

No power but he is 8-for-16 as an Oriole. I wonder if in the age of analytics that's considered lousy since he's he's not putting it over the fence. .500 may mean nothing to the new age stat people if it's not a powerful .500.

34 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No power but he is 8-for-16 as an Oriole. I wonder if in the age of analytics that's considered lousy since he's he's not putting it over the fence. .500 may mean nothing to the new age stat people if it's not a powerful .500.

BA in my opinion does have meaning but it depends on the player himself.

Craig Grebek or Ozzie wasn't expected to hit for power and drive in runs. 

Iloy as big as he is, as massive as he is, SHOULD be hitting home runs and regularly getting extra base hits to drive in runs.

He did in in 2019 and 2020...then he dropped off the face of the Earth.

So him hitting .500 is great but it's not what the White Sox expected from him and I suggest neither is Baltimore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think so, yeah lol at least to the person saying to let it go.

Stop stalking my posts.   As the old expression goes, if you want to say something about me, say it to my face.

• Haha 2