Eloy to Baltimore

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I was thinking Nicky Lopez to at least be a bench piece.

They can take their pick!  It’s probably another reason why more guys didn’t get moved yesterday.  Everyone knew the whole roster would be put on waivers today and they can just claim anyone they want (in the odd case of a team actually wanting any of our players currently).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yep. Whatever money saved (including the buyout for next year, though small) is a win. Heck, I don't think anywhere thought there was a chance in hell that he was getting moved.

i thought someone might've taken a shot at moncada, if he was healthy at some point, he could at least give you really good defense at 3b and, at times, streaky offense.  people probably did call and ask about him, i'm guessing he's REALLY far away from being ready to play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

i thought someone might've taken a shot at moncada, if he was healthy at some point, he could at least give you really good defense at 3b and, at times, streaky offense.  people probably did call and ask about him, i'm guessing he's REALLY far away from being ready to play

If he was healthy and with hindsight, Moncada would have been the better acquisition for the Orioles.  The Orioles just lost their All-Star 3B Jordan Westburg to a right hand fracture today.

There are calls for Coby Mayo to be called up.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

On 7/31/2024 at 10:02 AM, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox only sent $1.5M of the $7.5M owed to Eloy, that's a pretty darn good deal for the Sox (well, their owner). 

With new owners the Orioles don’t appear to be going cheap any longer. So I’m thinking the buy out on the option. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Looks like Julks hits lefties better. As someone who hasn't watched much of Julks, how is his defense?

Better than Benitendi and Vargas in LF which isn't saying much.He did rob a HR in his first fews games with the Sox. He's got an above average arm too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Better than Benitendi and Vargas in LF which isn't saying much.He did rob a HR in his first fews games with the Sox. He's got an above average arm too.

Maybe I’ll watch a game today for the first time in a week or two. ?

Wouldnt mind seeing Vargas play.

Just now, hi8is said:

Maybe I’ll watch a game today for the first time in a week or two. ?

Wouldnt mind seeing Vargas play.

You haven't missed much so far .0 -8 also had a ball he appeared to take a bad route on clank off his glove. Wasn't called an error after a long run into the gap but I think Julks would've caught it.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You haven't missed much so far .0 -8 also had a ball he appeared to take a bad route on clank off his glove. Wasn't called an error after a long run into the gap but I think Julks would've caught it.

It’s gonna be a long few years brother.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

So much for saving money on this one.

They did save ~$3.5M, but yah.  I mean, no one should be surprised.  The fact they found someone to even eat that much is frankly shocking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They did save ~$3.5M, but yah.  I mean, no one should be surprised.  The fact they found someone to even eat that much is frankly shocking. 

Which puts him at about a $10 million player on the open market if you figure that salary times 3X to factor out over a full season.