Eloy to Baltimore

12 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The most hilarious thing about Pham is that he played 38 games in RF and 30 games in CF for the Sox.  Meanwhile, the Cardinals have started Pham at DH and now LF tonight.

The Sox literally have not cared about outfield defense for decades.  It’s embarrassing.

If you're going to showcase someone you do want to let the other team know he was still a capable, if not great, OFer .In case of injury the cards know they could use him in the OF.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, if that’s true I’m glad he was retained.

Dodgers knew that If they didn't give in they would probably have another shot at getting him in the off season since the Sox aren't likely to extend him . That way they could then say Ok Crochet lasted the whole season( if he does) and we now think he is capable of pitching a whole sesson and into the playoffs so we'll give you Rushing now.

It'll be up to Getz to say ok so now you think he's more valuable than he was so we want more for him.

Dodgers turn around and say he is less valuable because we're getting him for less time unless we extend him. But the counter to that you get the chance to extend him is now also more valuable for your use beyond just his current contract which by the way he is still super cheap.

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz tried to rush them back for the trade deadline.  Fail.

Yoan was like 7 for 13 in his rehab starts. He obviously could play and play well even if it was low level pitching.

Let's not forget Yoan is a free agent and he should want to get back on the field too and prove he's worth more than a minor league contract.

Maybe he'll just retire and decide baseball is too hard on his health which he probably ruined by not being careful enough to avoid getting COVID .He hasn't been the same since. No cure for young dumb and full of .... Dude was a partier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you're going to showcase someone you do want to let the other team know he was still a capable, if not great, OFer .In case of injury the cards know they could use him in the OF.

True, but I think most teams realize Pham is too old and his glove isn’t good enough to be playing CF and RF except in a pinch.  He’s negative fWAR across the board.

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

True, but I think most teams realize Pham is too old and his glove isn’t good enough to be playing CF and RF except in a pinch.  He’s negative fWAR across the board.

Right but he wasn't going to play over Benintendi in LF and Robert was hurt for a good potion of the season and there was no hitting or good defense in RF so those were spots to play him. Sox had no true backup CF and really Pillar didn't fit that role all that good either. Pham could accumulate negative defensive WAR in CF pretty quickly just based on jumps and routes and range even if he caught most everything he could reach. It's the stuff you can't reach based on lack of true CF speed or the other factors I mentioned that prove you really don't belong out in CF.

On 8/1/2024 at 1:01 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

They also traded for Slater and Pache and they don't have options. Who is going down? Kjerstad?

They released Pache …I guess they are hoping to slide him to the minors. Doesn’t matter he can’t hit, 

Kjerstad who was 2 for 18 since gett8mg beaned in the head by the Yankees closer. I think they are hoping to give him a reset. His at bats haven’t looked good. Sadly, he might not be able yto overcome it.

Since the Sox are so horrid and there's nothing to talk about, would somebody open a thread and daily update us on Pham and Fedde and Eloy and DeBong and their daily performances and how they are doing? Thank u.

Just now, greg775 said:

Since the Sox are so horrid and there's nothing to talk about, would somebody open a thread and daily update us on Pham and Fedde and Eloy and DeBong and their daily performances and how they are doing? Thank u.

They are all dead to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dan Sanchez

@oriolesreview

Per the AP, the White Sox are covering $4M of Eloy Jimenez’s remaining $4.26M salary and will send a conditional payment of $1.5M, covering half of his $3M buyout, if his option is declined. So the most the Orioles could be on the hook for is $1.76M, relatively negligible.

1:21 PM · Aug 2, 2024

·

Views

https://x.com/oriolesreview/status/1819423314257105258

Edited by Rolle Tide

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

Eloy’s career OBP .790

Pache .518

If Eloy's career OBP really was .790 he would be a no doubt Hall of famer. Pache too.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yoan was like 7 for 13 in his rehab starts. He obviously could play and play well even if it was low level pitching.

Let's not forget Yoan is a free agent and he should want to get back on the field too and prove he's worth more than a minor league contract.

Maybe he'll just retire and decide baseball is too hard on his health which he probably ruined by not being careful enough to avoid getting COVID .He hasn't been the same since. No cure for young dumb and full of .... Dude was a partier.

I’m all for Moncada leaving town.  Can’t really blame the guy for getting covid though since virtually everyone on the planet has had it multiple times whether they are careful or not.  I do believe he needs to hang his name on this pile of crap higher than most.  It’s been more painful to see him throw away his opportunity to be great than it is watching guys who have no chance at being great.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Go right ahead Greggypoo.

2 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

Dan Sanchez

@oriolesreview

Per the AP, the White Sox are covering $4M of Eloy Jimenez’s remaining $4.26M salary and will send a conditional payment of $1.5M, covering half of his $3M buyout, if his option is declined. So the most the Orioles could be on the hook for is $1.76M, relatively negligible.

1:21 PM · Aug 2, 2024

·

Views

https://x.com/oriolesreview/status/1819423314257105258

Considering these terms, I'd have just released him. Baltimore coulda paid the 4.5 million that's left. Sox paid almost all of it and half the buyout? Where's the pride? I'd have eaten the chump change remaining money rather than give Baltimore Eloy for nothin basically. Pretty sad, Mr. Getz.