Eloy to Baltimore

1 hour ago, FT35 said:

I’m all for Moncada leaving town.  Can’t really blame the guy for getting covid though since virtually everyone on the planet has had it multiple times whether they are careful or not.  I do believe he needs to hang his name on this pile of crap higher than most.  It’s been more painful to see him throw away his opportunity to be great than it is watching guys who have no chance at being great.

This is not meant to be political at all, just exclamatory. ... To show you the 'remarkableness' of the world, can you imagine a new germ or disease or whatever you want to call it, started in China or wherever, and within a year basically everyone on the entire planet got the illness through the germ. It's scary how one small germ infected somebody somewhere and months later everybody on the planet caught the disease. And there was basically nothing we could do about it. We were gonna get it and most of us multiple times. Shows you how precarious our planet really is.  Someday that germ could cause something more nefarious. Peace out and go Sox!

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, it will be down from the $130 to $140 or whatever it was at this season.  But the Sox had so many players leaving that it was already go to start out well below $100 million.

this is Jerrys recoup the money rebuild

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can see that. Mentally the guys stuck on the deadbeat team with this incompetent organization have to be just completely out of it spirit and energy-wise. And Grifol as manager isn't helping. 

• Like 1

Instagram:

"I would like to thank God for allowing me the opportunity to play for the #whitesox I want to thank everyone who believed in me like the owner, managing team and my teammates who supported me day in and day out. To the fans who showed love and support you will always be in my heart???????? #thebigbaby74 #eldelaguantillaroja74"

3,987 likes

--------------------------

Best of Luck Eloy and good luck to your O's this year.  We will miss you man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Eloy went 5-9 when he was with the White Sox.  Eloy will go 0-12 when he's with the Orioles because that's what he does but no one will say a word about it.  This s%*# is so fucking stupid.  

Almost as stupid as defending Getz’s moves…  Maldonado especially.

If you can recognize Eloy’s failures, you should also recognize our GM’s failures.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Eloy went 5-9 when he was with the White Sox.  Eloy will go 0-12 when he's with the Orioles because that's what he does but no one will say a word about it.  This s%*# is so fucking stupid.  

+100. Happy for Eloy he’s found some early success but people grasping for it are hilarious. It doesn’t even matter. Dude was getting bought out the second the Sox had the opportunity. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tray said:

Instagram:

"I would like to thank God for allowing me the opportunity to play for the #whitesox I want to thank everyone who believed in me like the owner, managing team and my teammates who supported me day in and day out. To the fans who showed love and support you will always be in my heart???????? #thebigbaby74 #eldelaguantillaroja74"

3,987 likes

--------------------------

Best of Luck Eloy and good luck to your O's this year.  We will miss you man.

No, I won’t.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

No, I won’t.

A lot of people that are miserable and cannot find anything positive to say after a player leaves or show an ounce of appreciation and good will, agree with you. So what, I don't care.

Eloy wore red gloves because his dad had cancer.  He has a great personality and love for the game.

His  combined season average career numbers compare pretty favorably to Vaughn.

Eloy        AB   1875    BA   .271    OPS .791

Vaughn   AB   1880    BA   .251    OPS .721

Being an immigrant of color unfamiliar with the language never stopped Eloy from having great relationships with fans like us that attend games.  It won't be easy to replace his Ernie Banks attitude and demeanor on the field or the excitement he brought every time he came to the plate.

I hope he has a good run with the O's this year. I will be watching.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

+100. Happy for Eloy he’s found some early success but people grasping for it are hilarious. It doesn’t even matter. Dude was getting bought out the second the Sox had the opportunity. 

Almost as bad as grasping for Getz’s nuts and acting like he had nothing to do with this historically bad season.  You know, the team he actually put together last offseason?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, tray said:

A lot of people that are miserable and cannot find anything positive to say after a player leaves or show an ounce of appreciation and good will, agree with you. So what, I don't care.

Eloy wore red gloves because his dad had cancer.  He has a great personality and love for the game.

Being an immigrant of color unfamiliar with the language never stopped Eloy from having great relationships with fans like us that attend games.  It won't be easy to replace his Ernie Banks attitude and demeanor on the field or the excitement he brought every time he came to the plate.

Why would you compare Eloy to a 1B draft pick that this board already knows is a bust?  How does that make Eloy look any better?  The only reason he is still around is because he’s way cheaper than Eloy.

Andrew Vaughn’s status as a bad baseball player doesn’t make Eloy any better.  Eloy is still a bust too, if you haven’t noticed.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

"Happy for Eloy he’s found some early success but people grasping for it are hilarious."

No one is suggesting that Eloy will mash the ball the rest of the year or even last given his damaged hamstring, but I am among those that wish him well. He certainly is with a better organization and a helluva lot better team, and maybe will play better in front of more friendly fans. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Why would you compare Eloy to a 1B draft pick that this board already knows is a bust?

The comparison is apt based on career ABs and frankly, the vastly different perceptions some have of the respective players (one is overweight and lazy the other not, etc) despite that fact that they both have similar numbers.  Anyway Eloy ("ILoy" here) is gone so time for Getz to look for a better DH.  We shall see.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

"Happy for Eloy he’s found some early success but people grasping for it are hilarious."

No one is suggesting that Eloy will mash the ball the rest of the year or even last given his damaged hamstring, but I am among those that wish him well. He certainly is with a better organization and a helluva lot better team, and maybe will play better in front of more friendly fans. 

Eloy earned his “damaged hamstring” because he decided to never truly get into shape like legitimate star baseball players that take their careers seriously.  Eloy has no one to blame but himself.  The Sox have paid this bum $30+ million to put up 5 WAR over 6 seasons.  Eloy has generational wealth from the Sox for putting up 5 WAR.  It’s a nice gig if you can get it, I guess.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, tray said:

The comparison is apt based on career ABs and frankly, the vastly different perceptions some have of the respective players (one is overweight and lazy the other not, etc) despite that fact that they both have similar numbers.  Anyway Eloy ("ILoy" here) is gone so time for Getz to look for a better DH.  We shall see.

I’m not quite sure how you are reading this board but the majority of posters are sick of both players and think they are both busts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tray said:

What’s miserable was all the times we had to read “Eloy to IL”

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Almost as bad as grasping for Getz’s nuts and acting like he had nothing to do with this historically bad season.  You know, the team he actually put together last offseason?

Yeah, man. We get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1