Crochet NOT TRADED

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

Anyone else relieved we traded Cease when we did and for the package he got? I don't think we'd be receiving the same package at the deadline if we held onto him. 

This deadline was bonkers.  With any other GM, I think we drastically improve on the deal now vs what we did then, assuming similar performance. 

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This deadline was bonkers.  With any other GM, I think we drastically improve on the deal now vs what we did then, assuming similar performance. 

I don't think so. There didn't see to be any player on Drew Thrope's level traded today. 

17 minutes ago, Baron said:

I don't think so. There didn't see to be any player on Drew Thrope's level traded today. 

Snell was many spots ahead of him in the same system.  I believe LAD also dealt their #3 guy for lesser players. 

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I’ve tried to warn everyone. Someone I trust said they’re losing so much money due to lack of interest in the team.

Still a shocker Jerry has not figured out that by putting a shitty product on the field will drive fans away. This isn’t the bulls, if he got his head out his ass and put a watchable competitive team out there year in and out the fans will come. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Snell was many spots ahead of him in the same system.  I believe LAD also dealt their #3 guy for lesser players. 

Snelling has a 6 ERA and 1.7 WHIP in 16 AA starts this season. He’s not in the same category as Thorpe at this point. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Snelling has a 6 ERA and 1.7 WHIP in 16 AA starts this season. He’s not in the same category as Thorpe at this point. 

Is this where I mention how bad the Sox lead guy in their big trade was this year?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

IOW, being a sharp GM is a game of skill.

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is this where I mention how bad the Sox lead guy in their big trade was this year?

He’s been a heck of a lot better in the minors this season than Snelling! I will again caveat that I think the Fedde trade was a disaster (might need to put this as a permanent disclaimer). 

16 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

So do we think Crochet not being traded means that Getz wants to move him in the off season or is Getz hoping to sign him to an extension and build SP around him?

This relationship is OVA!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

So do we think Crochet not being traded means that Getz wants to move him in the off season or is Getz hoping to sign him to an extension and build SP around him?

WWJRD.  Just ask yourself, What Would JR Do? and you will have your answer. 

8 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

He will be traded at the winter meetings.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

Considering the weak return the Tigers got for Flaherty, I think it's good the Sox held on to Crochet.  Now, don't let him get hurt for god's sake.

I would have traded him but maybe the return was not good enough. But like you said, we better hope to hell his value does not decease when we try and move him in the off-season.  I would have kept Robert though, in hopes his value goes up by next winter. It is a crap-shoot. 

14 hours ago, fathom said:

The sad thing is they put together this awful roster and then have to slash payroll because attendance is lower than they expected.  

You actually think one is separate from the other ? The awful roster is a result of JR slashing payroll and using Getz to execute his wishes. You may have kept telling everyone the franchise is losing money but how is it JR has so many big plans going forward with the whole planned partnership wih the Wirtz family to build his sport conglomerate with the Bulls and Blackhawks while preparing the Sox to be sold.

This is all JRs I'll be exiting the world soon strategy for his heirs.

He's smart enough to legally cook his books to show massive losses while at the same time funnel money into his projects.

And you wonder why Getz get can't get any good trades done. He's not getting any good offers. The Sox are bleeding among a huge school of piranhas.

Hire inexperienced GM to execute his plan and tell the world it's to expedient the return to competence. The whole time that was BS.

The Reinsdorfs of the future will stricty own the Bulls. Just have to wait and see if baseball is really interested in keeping the franchise in Chicago as much as some seem to think. By the time this whole plan is executed the whole country may be in bigger economic turmoil more than it is now. The divide between the haves and have nots is deepening.

10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This relationship is OVA!

Which is on Crochet, tbh.  The Sox have done right by Crochet this year, and frankly, their misuse of him prior to 2024 did nothing but get Crochet closer to free agency. 

Sox honestly should just option his ass.  Not like these games matter.  They won't do it, but they should.  It would only increase his value. 

• Thanks 1

The obvious: Getz didn't have any leverage dealing Crochet after the extension comments. 

You have to make the best of the situation moving forward. What I would like to see happen is Getz extends Crochet or trade him in the spring.  

How about Sox give him 3 years at $65 million with a team option on 2028?  Crochet will have his security and a free agent at 30 years old for one more contract.

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Which is on Crochet, tbh.  The Sox have done right by Crochet this year, and frankly, their misuse of him prior to 2024 did nothing but get Crochet closer to free agency. 

Sox honestly should just option his ass.  Not like these games matter.  They won't do it, but they should.  It would only increase his value. 

This. I don't feel bad for Garrett at all. Dude is on track to be a free agent at 27 with low mileage on his arm. If he stays healthy and pitching like this, he's in for a huge pay day.