Crochet NOT TRADED

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

There is normal bad sucking and then there is evil sucking.  Destroying a potential Crochet return by forcing your trading partner to take on Benintendi’s contract is pure evil sucking.

How come I have a feeling they couldn’t trade Brebbia because teams wanted the Sox to cover some of his salary, and they wouldn’t?

10 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

James Stewart (Boston Sports Radio guy) said he was told that the Sox tried trading Crochet with Benintendi to the Red Sox.  

Nothing to verify but wouldn't shock anyone here I'm sure

Thank God a trade didn't occur.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve tried to warn everyone. Someone I trust said they’re losing so much money due to lack of interest in the team.

They're not gonna dfa him so it's the only way to get him off the roster.  I expect them to find a way to do it this off season. 

• TLR 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve tried to warn everyone. Someone I trust said they’re losing so much money due to lack of interest in the team.

Excuse me for doubting the bolded part.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

How come I have a feeling they couldn’t trade Brebbia because teams wanted the Sox to cover some of his salary, and they wouldn’t?

Could be the case, but they’re paying his salary regardless so not trading him doesn’t save them anything.

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're not gonna dfa him so it's the only way to get him off the roster.  I expect them to find a way to do it this off season. 

And we continue to be the dumbest franchise in baseball.  All of these other teams in the luxury tax with god awful deals way worse than this one out here living with it, and the Sox with $50 million committed for 2025 and beyond can't handle it.  I'd call them a Mickey Mouse organization, but Disney knows how to run a business.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still, on a day with 1000 trades and no top 100 picks, I think bigger scare is the market may be cold beyond the next offseason.

The only way out is the hard way, and we have idiots in charge. There is no Haber to save us anymore.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm one of those lack of interest people and proud of it!!

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Whose fault is that you fucking jackasses? Oh, right, the fans of course.

• Paper Bag 1

55 minutes ago, fathom said:

If only someone could have done something 

My guess is that the lowered attendance is impacting Reinsdorf’s  bottom line of revenue, but that they still aren’t losing money.  Jerry is going to have Getz cut the payroll to $100 million next offseason to account for these losses in revenue, but they will still be in the green overall.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Told everyone on Sunday, that's exactly what I heard. It wasn't only a want, it was a requirement.

YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE OUR WORST CONTRACT EVER WHICH ALSO HAPPENS TO BE OUR LARGEST CONTRACT EVER GIVEN, YOU'RE GOING TO PAY IT, AND YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING LIKE IT, AND GIVE US YOUR BEST PROSPECTS. 

Anyone else relieved we traded Cease when we did and for the package he got? I don't think we'd be receiving the same package at the deadline if we held onto him. 

• Like 1