Grade Getz’s 1st Trade Deadline!

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

JR doesn't get the entire sum, remember he has a number of limited partners who would get their share. Personally I think the idea of paying (estimate) 300 million in tax hits when all is said and done is more meaningful to him. 

All I know is what he has said on rare occasions he has talked about it over the years, he won't sell but has told his family to keep the Bulls and sell the Sox.

Then he's been afraid of profits. The higher the gains the higher the taxes. He could just sell for half of what it's worth to avoid the taxes on huge profits. 

And just like the full amount isn't all his, the total tax burden isn't all his. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Kopech strikes out the side in his debut 

Just look at what Pham has already done.

Given the complete dysfunction of the Sox organization from top to bottom we shouldn't be surprised guys actually start to produce when they get out of this dumpster fire and go to an organization that knows what they are doing. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

On 7/30/2024 at 7:55 PM, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Idk how you could give this anything more than an F after Fedde/Kopech deal

Many in baseball are saying the Dodgers made a killing in the trade deadline, and one reason is Kopech, people say that he will thrive in the Dodgers system, much as ReyLo has done in ATL.  Our coaching staff are not known for getting the best out of our players.  We should upgrade our coaching staff getting rid of Grifol and the coaches he brought in.

my rating for Getz is D-.

Getz makes this weird comment about how he’s proud of the players they got considering the resources he had. I mean, he traded the highest WAR player.   Kopech hadn’t given up an earned running a month.  Pham brings something back every trading season.

He really got some bad advice, I go back to this Mozeliak thing and I think to myself who in the White Sox org. has a relationship with Mozeliak.  There is only one answer and it would explain things… oddly enough, he also has a love of utility infielders. 

Edited by GreenSox
  • Haha 1

Yo and ILoy failures have been almost laughable. They must have the same doctors. This is not a rebuild it is a disaster. League takeover next year if this continues. 

its an F for me, D if Crochet gets extended in the offseason (he wont).

I am really down on Vargas, according to Futuresox his EV numbers were awful in the minors so I don't think thats going to translate well to the bigs. His defense is also bad. The other 19 year olds in the trade who knows, but how likely is it to hit the jackpot there? 

I have this sick feeling that TLR is more involved than he should be.

• Like 1

I will give it a D+ overall, heavily weighted down by the three-way.

Fedde/Kopech/Pham deal: D-

Banks deal: B+

Eloy deal: B

DeJong deal: C+

Not trading Luis Robert at his lowest value yet: A+

Not moving Crochet: C

I am OK not trading Crochet at the TDL.  The offers obviously were not there because I think he would have happily traded him if they were.  Moving him for a pitching heavy return or for a headliner that is not elite just isn't what the org needs.  The interest in Crochet will be significant this winter, and I think they'll do better then when the acquiring club doesn't have to worry about the innings limits situation.   

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I will give it a D+ overall, heavily weighted down by the three-way.

Fedde/Kopech/Pham deal: D-

Banks deal: B+

Eloy deal: B

DeJong deal: C+

Not trading Luis Robert at his lowest value yet: A+

Not moving Crochet: C

I am OK not trading Crochet at the TDL.  The offers obviously were not there because I think he would have happily traded him if they were.  Moving him for a pitching heavy return or for a headliner that is not elite just isn't what the org needs.  The interest in Crochet will be significant this winter, and I think they'll do better then when the acquiring club doesn't have to worry about the innings limits situation.   

Someone made a point too that 2024 drafted players and next year comp picks can be on the table in talks too so probably a better time in general to trade him.

I'll wager that there is 0 chance he pitches for the Sox next year.

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Someone made a point too that 2024 drafted players and next year comp picks can be on the table in talks too so probably a better time in general to trade him.

I'll wager that there is 0 chance he pitches for the Sox next year.

I just hope he makes it through the next two months without his arm falling off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I just hope he makes it through the next two months without his arm falling off.

I really wish the Sox would basically shut him down.  There is 0 benefit to letting him pitch much more.  If you're going to appease him (which frankly idgaf about at this point), maybe 1 start a week for 50 or so pitches, and then ramping down to 1 inning starts and then shut him down completely in early September. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really wish the Sox would basically shut him down.  There is 0 benefit to letting him pitch much more.  If you're going to appease him (which frankly idgaf about at this point), maybe 1 start a week for 50 or so pitches, and then ramping down to 1 inning starts and then shut him down completely in early September. 

Or put him on the Dutch Schultz program where he starts one day a week or something

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed.  If he gets more than a minor injury between now and the end of the season, you aren’t getting anything for him.

13 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pitch him until his fucking arm comes off. I don't give a rats ass about his trade return. Make him regret what he did. 

16 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Getz makes this weird comment about how he’s proud of the players they got considering the resources he had. I mean, he traded the highest WAR player.   Kopech hadn’t given up an earned running a month.  Pham brings something back every trading season.

He really got some bad advice, I go back to this Mozeliak thing and I think to myself who in the White Sox org. has a relationship with Mozeliak.  There is only one answer and it would explain things… oddly enough, he also has a love of utility infielders. 

Bro needs PR training, holy hell.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:00 PM, Soxfest said:

D…….Return for Fedde should of been substantial in a sellers market 

It'll probably be over a year until I can see the red-hot Twins prospect that Getz turned down for Fedde, but he was just the type of return I was hoping for.  Instead, we got Vargus, and I have seen him with my own eyes. Getz has a discernable flaw.

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

It'll probably be over a year until I can see the red-hot Twins prospect that Getz turned down for Fedde, but he was just the type of return I was hoping for.  Instead, we got Vargus, and I have seen him with my own eyes. Getz has a discernable flaw.

The Twins prospect (Luke Keaschall) is 21 and definitely fit the Sox timeline much better than 24 year old Vargas with 5 years of control.