7/30 Sox vs. Royals 7:10PM

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Since I don’t want to poison the MILB day thread, why is every prospect seemingly struggling right now?  Montgomery, Gonzalez and Zavala…not good

Gonzalez is easy. He just sucks. 

This could be a transition year for Zavala after getting traded.  He's still really young but he has to show some progress next year.   

Montgomery is a tough one.  People absolutely got out over their skis after he dominated the lower minors.  He's taking his lumps right now and that's sometimes a good thing.  I think he'll come out of it a better player but I don't think he's going to be the superstar that some had tagged him to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Since I don’t want to poison the MILB day thread, why is every prospect seemingly struggling right now?  Montgomery, Gonzalez and Zavala…not good

It's weird to root for a back injury,  but hopefully that's the reason Colson can't hit a fastball, otherwise forget about him.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Great start from Cannon. Need like 7 more runs so the pen doesn't blow it in the 8th/9th

He just hit 96 and 97 in this 7th inning.  Nice start.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dude known for his patience and elevated launch angle chops the first pitch into the ground.  We are fucking cursed.

Or it’s his first game and he needs to settle in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would be nice if Ellard could come in and give us a clean inning.

Looks like he may be a bit too amped up for that though.

or Wegner has the KC moneyline

• Haha 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Soooo he hasn't looked good?

he's built like a pond reed seemingly. mediocre athlete overall.  has some speed but defensive butcher and will have to hit to have any value as a starter.

Sound like a White Sox perfectly.