7/30 Sox vs. Royals 7:10PM

Brebbia had the night off, so we get to see him tomorrow.

Seriously, what do these bullpen bums say to each other?  Way to go? Get em next time.

• Like 1

Just now, oldsox said:

Seriously, what do these bullpen bums say to each other?  Way to go? Get em next time.

Thank God we still get this paycheck!

Just now, Jake said:

Well I was questioning the decision to put Ellard in there, but looking at all the options available, I guess it's not as crazy as it first seemed. Had two lefties coming up, so I see why you'd want to go for a lefty. You have Peralta available, although he pitched last night. And you have Shuster who is horrible. Besides that, you have Anderson, Toussaint, Steven Wilson likely available but having to pitch against two lefties to start the inning.

Oh it was crazy. Right handed hitters. Major league debut one run game trying to break a 15 game losing streak after a guy gives up 1 hit in 7 innings. Maybe they lose anyway, but this game is on Pedro. Fire his ass. He’s terrible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

I am absolutely shocked that Brebbia wasn't traded.....shocked I tell you.

Must stink when you're terrible at pitching but you're also getting screwed by the ump and your fielders are gifting runs on top of it. So many ways to lsoe

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Oh it was crazy. Right handed hitters. Major league debut one run game trying to break a 15 game losing streak after a guy gives up 1 hit in 7 innings. Maybe they lose anyway, but this game is on Pedro. Fire his ass. He’s terrible.

Just to clarify on the handedness. It was Isbel and Massey coming up. They were both pinch hit for because of the lefty coming in. So manager has to choose between those lefties hitting a righty reliever or putting in a lefty pitcher and having him pitch to the righty pinch hitters.

Just now, Jake said:

Just to clarify on the handedness. It was Isbel and Massey coming up. They were both pinch hit for because of the lefty coming in. So manager has to choose between those lefties hitting a righty reliever or putting in a lefty pitcher and having him pitch to the righty pinch hitters.

Whatever, it was a bad spot to make a debut, and you s%*# on your team putting him in there. They need a win. They can literally go 49-3 or  48-4 the rest of the way and still be in the same draft position.

Yeah I'm open to just saying you can't let an unheralded prospect make his debut in any kind of pressure situation. And I'm not inclined to give Grifol the benefit of the doubt on much of anything. But yeah...the options are really rotten and it probably had to be either Shuster or Peralta if it wasn't going to be Ellard.

Ellard might eventually be a decent reliever at some point; but he struggled throwing strikes in the minors, and to put him in the 8th is ridiculous.  Anderson is the worst pitcher on the staff (which is saying something) but he's Grifol's main man.

The Sox just have no chance with this guy making decisions.

There's no point in giving Benintendi any at bats.  Just let Julks hit (he's had like 10 ABs in July).

Here's a crazy idea.  Instead of making sure that Benintendi is a failure out there every single day, why not scale back his playing time some and try to use some advantageous match ups to rebuild him and some value?  Nah, f*** it, run him out there again. 

58 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Why did Brebbia have the night off?  I know he got torn up last night, but why couldn't he pitch tonight?  Normal teams pitch relievers back to back all the time.  The only players Grifol won't coddle are the rookies.

Did we trade for Vargas only to DH him?  I know he's not great in the field, but he plays 2 positions.  Take a look and see.  That could be really valuable.  This was the first night so maybe he'll play the field tomorrow.

How can  TPTB not see how damaging Grifol is?

Sox blow another lead. I think after all the trades, the team is actually worse than before in terms of what's in store the final two months. At least DeBong blasted a homer once in a while and Kopech, though awful, occasionally had a fine outing to help us to a few of our 27 wins.

Royals got only four hits and still won. Sox helping another team right itself and the Royals have been pretty blah the past several weeks. Not sure why they wanted DeBong in a trade. Royals fans tell me they need a LF. DeBong seems like he's only good defensively at SS to me. Bobby Witt doesn't need many days off. If he plays 3B he better concentrate more. 2B they have Massey and DeBong has more pop in his bat than Massey. Should be interesting to see if DeBong beats out Massey for the final 8 weeks.

Well the Sox stink. We know that. 16 in a row to go with the 14-gamer in May. Can u believe two stretches of a record of 0-30? Also the team has no come from behind wins after 7 right? Go Sox!

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox blow another lead. I think after all the trades, the team is actually worse than before in terms of what's in store the final two months. At least DeBong blasted a homer once in a while and Kopech, though awful, occasionally had a fine outing to help us to a few of our 27 wins.

Royals got only four hits and still won. Sox helping another team right itself and the Royals have been pretty blah the past several weeks. Not sure why they wanted DeBong in a trade. Royals fans tell me they need a LF. DeBong seems like he's only good defensively at SS to me. Bobby Witt doesn't need many days off. If he plays 3B he better concentrate more. 2B they have Massey and DeBong has more pop in his bat than Massey. Should be interesting to see if DeBong beats out Massey for the final 8 weeks.

Well the Sox stink. We know that. 16 in a row to go with the 14-gamer in May. Can u believe two stretches of a record of 0-30? Also the team has no come from behind wins after 7 right? Go Sox!

They have one, scored two runs in the 10th inning to beat Tampa Bay 8-7 on April 27.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

3-21

Last win was 3 weeks ago, tomorrow (7/10)

I feel like the only reason we won that day was because it was a double header. A lot of double headers are split. When’s the last time we played baseball on a specific day and didn’t lose that day?

28 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I was there. It’s hard to explain how uninterested the crowds are.

Did it seem like 15,000 were there? I betcha maybe 2000. But I wasn't there to count.

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

f*** yea - they lost! Vargas kicking some ass and taking names, fitting right in.

At least Cannon seems to have had a game.

When cannon is on, nobody can square him up.  

• Fire 1