Eloy Appreciation Post

Rookie Eloy was good for homers. Then he was mostly good for memes. He almost always kept a smile on, until this year.

It sucks that he's made of paper and glass, because he has all of the offensive talent in the world. 100% prepared for the Orioles to somehow turn him around.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I appreciate the fact that his injured lazy ass is someone else's problem.

On the trade deadline show today McGuffie couldn't believe someone was dumb enough to take him and doubled down on the fact that Iloy was not taking care of himself like he should have.

Garfein then chipped in with a story asking Iloy in the spring if he had a routine down yet as far as having to DH. Iloy said no. Chuck suggested talking to Jim Thome who was a very good DH to get some ideas. Chuck said Iloy said, "that's a good idea" but doesn't think he ever did so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Meh.

Did you watch the video?  At first, I thought this was a sincere thread.  Ruthless…

Getting hobbled and hopping on one leg after a walk-off celebration has to be the most embarrassing one.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

That video was pretty classless. Eloy was full of joy and seemed like a genuinely decent and nice fun loving guy. I dont blame him for being injury prone....some people just are. I do blame him for not getting himself into shape and not putting in the work necessary to get some loft into his swing. 

I wish him well in BAL and I wouldn't be shocked if they unlocked his raw power. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That video was pretty classless. Eloy was full of joy and seemed like a genuinely decent and nice fun loving guy. I dont blame him for being injury prone....some people just are. I do blame him for not getting himself into shape and not putting in the work necessary to get some loft into his swing. 

I wish him well in BAL and I wouldn't be shocked if they unlocked his raw power. 

Not getting into shape could be a reason why somebody is injury prone. 

I really think the 2020-2023 White Sox will go down as the shining example of why you don’t hand a bunch of elite talents a ton of money when they either hadn’t yet made the majors or were barely in the majors. 

At the time - I loved the idea, but in hindsight the Sox did it too soon and set the wrong precedent around ensuring players have the right hunger to earn that initial major pay day vs get it handed to them too soon (in fairness they earned it but it was clearly premature). 

He was a horrific baseball player for the White Sox. He has been OK at least since returning from his last injury. Orioles need to re-sculpt his body for next season. The guy needs to get in Jermaine Dye shape; Dave Winfield shape to take advantage of that tall body of his. He needs to be in Bo Jackson shape to play the game of baseball effectively. If it's his fault, if he's lazy, shame on him. The O's won't put up with b.s. They'll dump his butt if he doesn't do what they say and become a fierce competitor.