Royals @ Sox, 7/31, 1:10 PM

Getting this started early. I’m going to end the losing streak with this game thread. I’ll be at the game. First game I’ve been to since game 4 against Houston in 2021.

I believe Thorpe is starting. Easy win. You’re welcome. 

We might win this one. Hey Blanco count the fans for us in the third inning. It shouldn't take long. I wanna hear if there are less than 1,500 or so. Thanx. I predict we win the day game. Royals can't possibly be interested in beating us one more. I'd let DeJong play if the trade is finalized if I were them. They may need some extra incentive and he might lift and pull 2-3 homers. Otherwise I think the Sox beat the Witts, 7-3.

Edited by greg775

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

We might win this one. Hey Blanco count the fans for us in the third inning. It shouldn't take long. I wanna hear if there are less than 1,500 or so. Thanx.

I’ll make sure to count. Should be able to get it done using fingers and toes. 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Getting this started early. I’m going to end the losing streak with this game thread. I’ll be at the game. First game I’ve been to since game 4 against Houston in 2021.

I believe Thorpe is starting. Easy win. You’re welcome. 

thanks bro

• Like 1

Hopefully the roster churn continues.  Brebbia, Flexen, and Lopez should be on waivers todays.  Kuhl and Senzel serve no purpose. Get Colas up and play him FFS. 

We've lost 16 fucking games in a row, its not running guys like Berroa, Eder, Nastrini, Dominguez, Burke, Coffey etc., etc. is going to lose us more games. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hopefully the roster churn continues.  Brebbia, Flexen, and Lopez should be on waivers todays.  Kuhl and Senzel serve no purpose. Get Colas up and play him FFS. 

We've lost 16 fucking games in a row, its not running guys like Berroa, Eder, Nastrini, Dominguez, Burke, Coffey etc., etc. is going to lose us more games. 

Kuhl serves a purpose: backstop to absorb punishment in blowouts. Berroa, Eder, Burke, and Nastrini simply cannot throw strikes. The risk you run bringing them up is that you sour on them after a small mlb exposure. See Cronin, Declan. Better to fix them before you bring them up. I certainly think that Coffey, AHT, Cousin, Mason Adams, and maybe even Dalquist could get a look and survive the experience. Position player wise, sure bring up Colas, Ramos, maybe Montgomery. I would keep Quero down just for 40 man reasons, but not a lot of reasons for optimism there based on AAA performances.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

Thorpe isnt even average if he can't locate

That fastball is just not playable.  Doesn’t have the great movement you see from most guys that throw that soft.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, T R U said:

This has got to be the worst lineup we've put out there year so far, right?

It will soon become a game of “top the previous day”

• Haha 2

Just now, fathom said:

Yeah he sucks. What a terrible trade.

Im not giving up on him yet, but my god early returns are not good on a trade we could not afford to botch.

• Like 1

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

We thought it couldn't get worse than Hahn.......

Eh, I think most people felt Getz was a lateral move if not a worse move as far as a replacement goes.

• Like 4

Basically over the last year, they’ve traded the following without getting someone that you can confidently say will be at least an average major leaguer:

Cease, Giolito, Lopez, Lynn, Kelly, Bummer, Burger, Santos, Mena, Cease, Fedde, Kopech, Pham, Eloy

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1