Royals @ Sox, 7/31, 1:10 PM

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good lord, what idiot scout suggested Vargas could play anywhere on defense?

Getz couldn't address other team issues because he was too focused on getting a talent like this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good lord, what idiot scout suggested Vargas could play anywhere on defense?

I keep saying this, he’s a DH. Terrible glove everywhere, although I have not seen him play 1b. Maybe he’s decent there?  If he does not hit — a lot — this is going to go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in baseball over the last decade. I would have preferred Norby/Stowers. Hopefully, he hits and proves me wrong.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Getz couldn't address other team issues because he was too focused on getting a talent like this. 

He comes across like such an idiot when he mentions they can only focus on one aspect.  He’s going to end up with the worst record of any GM in history by the time he’s done.

JR should be absolutely embarrassed with the product being put on the field right now. How can any self respecting businessman watch this and just continue to let it ride.

And even if all hes cares about is making money, there is no way this isn't negatively impacting that.

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

JR should be absolutely embarrassed with the product being put on the field right now. How can any self respecting businessman watch this and just continue to let it ride.

And even if all hes cares about is making money, there is no way this isn't negatively impacting that.

I think he's in severe cognitive decline. 

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

the worse it gets, the more quickly things will get fixed, so i'm all about them being the worst team of all time

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Yep, it’s killing the fan base.  The post game show is like a funeral.  Beckham basically saying no player is trying to earn a spot on this team.

I just have to say that I hate this team so much, I don't particularly like any player on it, I hate every coach on it and f*** jerry reinsdorf. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I just have to say that I hate this team so much, I don't particularly like any player on it, I hate every coach on it and f*** jerry reinsdorf. Thank you.

That's the wild thing. I think I might like Garrett and maybe Luis a bit. That's it. Everybody else is JAG. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

That's the wild thing. I think I might like Garrett and maybe Luis a bit. That's it. Everybody else is JAG. 

And then you get the stunt Crochet pulled and Robert’s effort and it makes you hate everyone.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep, it’s killing the fan base.  The post game show is like a funeral.  Beckham basically saying no player is trying to earn a spot on this team.

I just keep going back to if you look at the 2017 roster, with wily garcia/leury garcia/avi garcia outfield, playing alen hansen like 60 games. Bad Tim anderson, bad first year moncada. Bad Giolito and Lopez. Good first half quintana and a 5 ERA Ivan Nova. Mostly scraps.

That team's record will finish, what, 25 games above this one?

There is something so wrong here. The padres were crucified that year they drafted like 6 rule 5 players and they finished with like 68 wins. This level of bad is impossible, there are many AAA teams that could still get to 45 wins in the big leagues. And this team, with a bonafide ace, and often decent starting pitching, will not sniff it.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

sorry. I like Garrett.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

This ownership/management team rubs me as if they're  content with this losing situation. They've done nothing to improve this team since the beginning of this season.

Just now, bmags said:

I just keep going back to if you look at the 2017 roster, with wily garcia/leury garcia/avi garcia outfield, playing alen hansen like 60 games. Bad Tim anderson, bad first year moncada. Bad Giolito and Lopez. Good first half quintana and a 5 ERA Ivan Nova. Mostly scraps.

That team's record will finish, what, 25 games above this one?

There is something so wrong here. The padres were crucified that year they drafted like 6 rule 5 players and they finished with like 68 wins. This level of bad is impossible, there are many AAA teams that could still get to 45 wins in the big leagues. And this team, with a bonafide ace, and often decent starting pitching, will not sniff it.

Just look at how much better the A’s are than the Sox.  I keep saying this, but major league teams just aren’t designed to lose this much.   Something is seriously wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I keep saying this, he’s a DH. Terrible glove everywhere, although I have not seen him play 1b. Maybe he’s decent there?  If he does not hit — a lot — this is going to go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in baseball over the last decade. I would have preferred Norby/Stowers. Hopefully, he hits and proves me wrong.

Haven't watched any of his at bats....how does he look? Overmatched? Ok? Hitterish?

Just now, WBWSF said:

This ownership/management team rubs me as if they're  content with this losing situation. They've done nothing to improve this team since the beginning of this season.

Of course they are!  They hate the fan base.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol Robert can gtfo, lazy f***