Upcoming Site Upgrade

Heads up that in next week we will likely shut down site for a bit to upgrade the forum and clean up some server stuff. Was hoping to limp through season but trade deadline outages on site showed we got to take care of sooner vs later.

Will give more of a heads up when I know exact timing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

Not to sound like a dick, but Is there also a way to reduce the amount of ads? I get that they are necessary but it seems lately there have been way more, and the way they are displaying its like they are almost just repeating comments on a thread.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Not to sound like a dick, but Is there also a way to reduce the amount of ads? I get that they are necessary but it seems lately there have been way more, and the way they are displaying its like they are almost just repeating comments on a thread.

Maybe it would be cool to implement an ad free option for a small subscription like $5 a month or something.

• Like 2

I will kindly remind certain people that there may be a delay due to unexpected troubleshooting, like what seems to happen every time when we do this.

this does not mean Chisoxfn shut the site down.  

2 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

use an adblocker bro

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

use an adblocker bro

Then they don't get ad revenue, and probably have to jack up the number of ads for people who don't use as blockers 

Edited by ron883

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Then they don't get ad revenue, and probably have to jack up the number of ads for people who don't use as blockers 

if they want money to host the site, put up a PayPal donation link, I'll gladly pony up but f*** ads

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

if they want money to host the site, put up a PayPal donation link, I'll gladly pony up but f*** ads

I agree. Would gladly donate to the site. 

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

True.  I configured a Pi-hole with a Raspberry Pi on my home network so it is automatically blocking all ads on all of my devices even better than ad-blocker software.

I would gladly donate since I am not getting hit up with ads anyways.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thanks for all you guys do. I'd slap a giant donate button somewhere on landing page. I'd happily give $20 a year or so to keep it ad free. I'm sure you could get most of the hosting costs covered just through donations.

Yeah I would pay a subscription here if it meant no ads. I do the same for MLBTR. I figured I'm on the site checking it every day for the most part, even if its quick in the bathroom or something, so its whatever.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah I would pay a subscription here if it meant no ads. I do the same for MLBTR. I figured I'm on the site checking it every day for the most part, even if its quick in the bathroom or something, so its whatever.

Just think about how much time people spend on this site while they are dropping the kids off at the pool.  Poopy time reading material is worth a donation alone.

58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I doubt from the fans abandoning the Sox that donations won't even come close to generating the revenue that ads do.

I'm running an adblocker and would still help pay for the maintenance and hosting fees

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Just think about how much time people spend on this site while they are dropping the kids off at the pool.  Poopy time reading material is worth a donation alone.

You mean while we flush one down?

• Haha 1