Post deadline trades

BamaDoc

Minor leaguers for minor leaguers can still be traded. Corey Knebel has 6 scoreless appearances for AAA.  Enough big league experience that I could see a team taking a chance especially if he continues looking ok and/or a team has an injury. Probably only a flier prospect but. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Minor leaguers for minor leaguers can still be traded. Corey Knebel has 6 scoreless appearances for AAA.  Enough big league experience that I could see a team taking a chance especially if he continues looking ok and/or a team has an injury. Probably only a flier prospect but. 

Good point.

24 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

This just made me look at other guys we have at Charlotte. Forgot we still had Deivi Garcia. All I can say after looking at his season is: "yikes"

6 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Sox just released Knebel.  So much for that. 

Looks like Knebel elected free agency.  Probably had an out in his contract related to the trade deadline.  If he wasn't in MLB, he could be a FA and catch on with another team.  Imagine someone might give him a chance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

This kid hit the cover off the ball, even with elbow issues?  Makes me want him even more, and the TJ surgery just ensures that he matches the Sox timeline to competitiveness better, since next year and likely more seasons will be a losing effort.

If Vargas even pans out, how many years of control will the Sox have left on him by the time they are able to surround him without enough talent for the team to win?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1