8/2/24 White Sox @ Twins 7:10 Central........gently rocking.....gently rocking.....gently rocking

Three hits tonight won't cut it. This lineup and that collection of pitchers would lose 10 out of 10 games every set of 10. That's a bad baseball team. ... Robert 0-for-4 with three more Ks. He appears to be very overrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Grifol went to get the ball from Wilson and he practically shoved it hard into him.

That's cause Beni blew it letting the ball drop. The Twins announcers were flabbergasted at Beni's lousy play there.

I wonder if Crochet tomorrow is at the stage he'll pitch 2 maybe 3 innings max the final two months. That won't really help the Sox much to end the streak. Should be 0-0 when he exits. ... Like greg said I read something today that no team was willing to trade for Crochet with his demand of no postseason play. No contender wanted a guy who is on some weird inning limit. Contenders aren't dumb. I was mocked for taking this position a few weeks ago on here.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Berroa, Deloach, Fletcher, Lopez, Gowens, Soroka, Shuster, Shewmake, Thorpe, Zavala, Iriarte……woof!!!

Why is Oscar Colas holding all of these players back?

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if Crochet tomorrow is at the stage he'll pitch 2 maybe 3 innings max the final two months. That won't really help the Sox much to end the streak. Should be 0-0 when he exits. ... Like greg said I read something today that no team was willing to trade for Crochet with his demand of no postseason play. No contender wanted a guy who is on some weird inning limit. Contenders aren't dumb. I was mocked for taking this position a few weeks ago on here.

Pitch him until he gives up a hit and then pull him.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean they banished Oscar Colas and Lenyn Sosa, what more do you want?

I want Brebbia's head on a stick.....or DFA'd.....your choice.

9 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Man,  this season has gone from embarrassing to comical to just, surreal. To think that if they played .500 ball the rest of the way they’d still lose 110. I can’t even…

Mark my words, there will be books written about the 2024 White Sox season.

A little tidbit, for the first time that I can remember since I became a Sox fan in 1952, the Sox this week will fall under .500 for their life time record, 5 mores losses and they’re there. Of the original 16 teams the only other teams under .500 are:

Phillies      
A’s (Philadelphia, KC and Oakland)       
Twins (originally Washington Senators)      
Orioles (originally St. Louis Browns)

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Paper Bag 2

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Mark my words, there will be books written about the 2024 White Sox season.

A little tidbit, for the first time that I can remember since I became a Sox fan in 1952, the Sox this week will fall under .500 for their life time record, 5 mores losses and they’re there. Of the original 16 teams the only other teams under .500 are:

Phillies      
A’s (Philadelphia, KC and Oakland)       
Twins (originally Washington Senators)      
Orioles (originally St. Louis Browns)

If I'm a billionaire looking to buy a ball club, the Sox would look so enticing — if you were looking to spend money.

1. 3rd major market. We've seen that even if you're a second team, you can get turnout with investment (Clippers, Mets)

2. Nowhere to go but up, you could be a hero to fans (Lacob, Cohen, Balmer).

3. One of the best brands (strictly talking about the logo/color scheme) in baseball, if not all of sports.

4. Stadium proposal already made, for the super loaded owners.

5. An ownership group could probably shoot their shot (a very longshot) at a Bulls-Sox package.

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

If I'm a billionaire looking to buy a ball club, the Sox would look so enticing — if you were looking to spend money.

1. 3rd major market. We've seen that even if you're a second team, you can get turnout with investment (Clippers, Mets)

2. Nowhere to go but up, you could be a hero to fans (Lacob, Cohen, Balmer).

3. One of the best brands (strictly talking about the logo/color scheme) in baseball, if not all of sports.

4. Stadium proposal already made, for the super loaded owners.

5. An ownership group could probably shoot their shot (a very longshot) at a Bulls-Sox package.

Seriously a savvy owner could do big things.  They could add between 500m and 1b in value to the organization with just some 21st century upgrades of how the team is run.  They are leaving millions and millions of revenue behind too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

Oh!  Maybe Jerry will take a lot lower return for the Bulls just to get the Sox off his books!?  Just like he was willing to move Crochet for less just to move 10D’s bad contract?!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously a savvy owner could do big things.  They could add between 500m and 1b in value to the organization with just some 21st century upgrades of how the team is run.  They are leaving millions and millions of revenue behind too.

Sox had the city after winning it all in 2005. They did nothing with it. Too bad. That was their chance to be highly relevant forever. Think of the money they made that year and the year after.