Thorpe to IL with flexor strain

ChiSox59

Uh oh. Who would you give rotation slot to for the rest of the year? Personally, I would say Mason Adams, but Bush needs to be added at the end of the year and Eder and Iriarte are already on the roster. Please not Nastrini.

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

Do we have any indication on if it's hip flexor, forearm flexor?  Forearm injuries are often a precursor to TJS.  

It’s his elbow. They would have said so if it was hip, I would imagine. 

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

70% of the time it's a TJS two months from the diagnosis or so. We're fucked. Also dude did it throwing 90, lol we are an impressive sack of s%*#.

Sometimes they come back throwing with more velo after UCL reconstruction.  If it happens maybe it will be the case here.

Haven't checked his velo at the MLB level. Was he trying to add velo in the MLB, I wonder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Sometimes they come back throwing with more velo after UCL reconstruction.  If it happens maybe it will be the case here.

Haven't checked his velo at the MLB level. Was he trying to add velo in the MLB, I wonder.

I thought he lost velocity this year compared to last

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

First Kopech, then Crochet, now Thorpe. Sox love TJS obliterating early years of control. They need to sacrifice a goat or something to change the luck.

It's a pretty big issue around the league as a whole.

Man, I've been trying to remain positive with this franchise at least in the sense of "how could it get any worse?" "it's always darkest before the dawn" type mindset.  This is truly the bottom and least hopeful I've been in my 40 years on this planet.  Now to the point of apathy, which is quite sad.  Ugh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Man, I've been trying to remain positive with this franchise at least in the sense of "how could it get any worse?" "it's always darkest before the dawn" type mindset.  This is truly the bottom and least hopeful I've been in my 40 years on this planet.  Now to the point of apathy, which is quite sad.  Ugh.

Crochet blowing out his elbow would be rock bottom 

• Like 1

This team is cursed.  Good thing Getz acquired 24 year old Vargas with 5 years of control rather than a promising prospect with full control like the Twins offer and choosing when to call up said prospect.  Instead, even if Vargas pans out, he will be wasting service time while Thorpe is healing from his inevitable upcoming TJ surgery. 

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Sad. Seems like a lot of pitchers get hurt. I wonder if pitching all those innings in Little League, Babe Ruth, high school, college, minors make it impossible to make it as a big league pitcher. Arm just can't take all those stressful heaters combined with sliders.