8/3 Sox @ Twinkies 6:10PM - Road to 19

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'll say this, I at least think following Vargas will be fun enough. Bit yeah, definitely a rough start.

You would hope, I just don’t see elite skills at all.  Doesn’t hit the ball hard or far, bad in the field…he’s just a guy at best 

Just now, fathom said:

You would hope, I just don’t see elite skills at all.  Doesn’t hit the ball hard or far, bad in the field…he’s just a guy at best 

Let’s give him a little more rope before we make these kinds of declarations. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vargas blows.  Getz couldn’t pick the right player if he could see the future.  He’s that terrible of a GM.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Saw him a lot with the Dodgers last year, and the statcast numbers back it up 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s quite comical how Cronin, Cousins and Chavez would be their best relievers 

Yep.  If there’s a bad decision to make, Getz will make it almost every time.  Don’t forget trading for Fletcher instead of McCarthy and cutting Pillar too early.

I thought he was supposed to know about player development and scouting?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, kgrittenburg said:

what was the rumored deal?

They were willing to deal one of their top prospects, a top 100 guy, and possibly more but the Sox decided to move off from it. This was for Fedde. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Saw him a lot with the Dodgers last year, and the statcast numbers back it up 

Yeah the problem is this team is nowhere close to being competitive and having someone with no clock started for a few years is so much better than a guy who is going to be surrounded by trash in a bad situation on this MLB roster trying to develop. Not to mention he’s been terrible in his MLB stints. 

7 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Fedde for a high Twins prospect who can hit.

2B/CF Luke Keaschall

Draft: 2023, Minnesota Twins, Round: 2, Overall Pick: 49

Twins #5 prospect

MLB’s #92 overall prospect

My guess is that he is rated even higher on Baseball America’s most recent Top 100 update with the way he has raked this season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s got 450 plate appearances how much rope are we talking about here?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

He’s just another swing for the fences every AB player.  That crap works at AAA but not in the bigs.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

2B/CF Luke Keaschall

Draft: 2023, Minnesota Twins, Round: 2, Overall Pick: 49

Twins #5 prospect

MLB’s #92 overall prospect

My guess is that he is rated even higher on Baseball America’s most recent Top 100 update with the way he has raked this season.

Speaking of which, does anyone have access to Baseball America’s most recent Top 100 update to check where Keaschall is ranked?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

The kid has destroyed every level of the minors, along the way. Maybe we give him a chance to be a full time player in the bigs for a bit, before carrying the torches, demanding a DFA?

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

The kid has destroyed every level of the minors, along the way. Maybe we give him a chance to be a full time player in the bigs for a bit, before carrying the torches, demanding a DFA?

15 minutes ago, T R U said:

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

DFA is extreme, but this isn’t some guy who came up and stunk in a handful of games in his debut. He’s had a decent amount of run so far so there’s definitely reason to be skeptical about his future. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jeebus.  WTF.

Thanks for informing us.

Here's the brief write-up as well

After a standout draft spring with Arizona State, Keaschall landed with the Twins in the second round of the 2023 draft. So far as a professional all Keaschall has done is hit. He has shown contact, approach and average power.