8/4 - Streak Ends Now

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah it sucks.  I don’t know how you even attempt to pitch this team to young fans.  Kids like stars (my 10 year old is all into the NBA for this reason) and we won’t have any once Crochet & Robert are gone.  And some overpriced novelty milkshakes won’t make up for that.  It’s just wild how Jerry Reinsdorf can be a billionaire and have such poor business acumen.  The relevance of this franchise is rapidly fading into oblivion due to one old man’s stubborn ways.

Same way that my kids don’t give a crap about the Bulls now

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Same way that my kids don’t give a crap about the Bulls now

Yeah, my kid just follows players now and cheer for their teams.  The Bulls don’t mean much to him.  But Jerry is also gutting that franchise as well.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, my kid just follows players now and cheer for their teams.  The Bulls don’t mean much to him.  But Jerry is also gutting that franchise as well.

The kids have figured out a better way to be a sports fan. 

With national packages and such, maybe us older folks should follow suit. Root for the name on the back of the jersey, not the name on the front. 

I did this with the NBA and NHL when I was younger, and I stupidly stopped as an adult. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

.325 OPS against LHP and Pedro lets him bat

I know that there is a shocking lack of talent on this ballclub but even with that, how many Wins do you estimate Pedro's in game decisions have cost this team this season?

1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Don't worry Robert soon put an end to that!

Robert is like a Triple Crown guy from what I hear. 

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Robert is like a Triple Crown guy from what I hear. 

I am actually quite sad when I think back to a Saturday Night a few years ago when Luis made a tremendous diving catch late to save the game....I immediately called my brother on the phone who answered the call with "that is the greatest catch I've ever seen in my life." And Now......whatever this is.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Send Wilson back to Charlotte. He’s been ass, and he’s gotta be like a week away from another year of control. 

Is this bullpen evidentiary piece #1 that Getz has no idea what he is doing?

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is this bullpen evidentiary piece #1 that Getz has no idea what he is doing?

I think the record proves that.  I think even the biggest Getz supporters on this site would agree he s%*# the bed.

Edited by fathom