Gamethread: 8/5 - I Have A Bad Feeling About This One

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Bannister has got his work cut out for him with Bush and Eder.  Very similar pitchers IMO.

Why are the Sox collecting guys who don't throw hard, and lack pinpoint control? Seems like a recipe for a whole rotation of #4s and #5s.

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Why are the Sox collecting guys who don't throw hard, and lack pinpoint control? Seems like a recipe for a whole rotation of #4s and #5s.

Yep, the only possible TOR guys are Schultz and Smith.  The rest are the type of guys every team has a few of.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, the only possible TOR guys are Schultz and Smith.  The rest are the type of guys every team has a few of.  

Do not sleep on Taylor. His stuff is absolutely filthy.

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Vargas has a terrible swing. Jesus.

Yes he does, and even when he makes contact, it’s soft.  I truly don’t understand how the scouts of this team can make so many bad decisions .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Also, it feels like an organizational philosophy that they want higher ceiling, lower floor guys after the debacle of the last rebuild with the uber-talented prospects.  The whole thing is just a disaster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

he'd throw a dead fish from second base.  LOL

Beckham likes talking about fish in the booth. Have you heard his patented talk about salmon throws from a few years ago?

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes he does, and even when he makes contact, it’s soft.  I truly don’t understand how the scouts of this team can make so many bad decisions .

I'm not even convinced that they employ scouts. I figured it was just Jerry, TLR, and Getz.

• Haha 1

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

If relegation was a thing in MLB the Sox would be a low A team at this point. 

You have two teams with similar talent.  One plays hard and is energized. The other couldn’t put forth less energy.  They’re not even close to winning games now.

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also, it feels like an organizational philosophy that they want higher ceiling, lower floor guys after the debacle of the last rebuild with the uber-talented prospects.  The whole thing is just a disaster.

Firing only KW/Hahn/Haber but leaving Getz and a lot of his cronies in place shows that this entire operation is wildly unserious.

He couldn't train minor leaguers how to hit the ball. Wtf is he gonna do with major leaguers?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

What you don't think Nick Hostetler knows a good baseball player when he sees one??

Hostetler stopped being scouting director before the pandemic happened.

Eventually you'll have to put the boogymen back in the closet.

• Like 1