Gamethread: 8/5 - I Have A Bad Feeling About This One

Sox got four hits. My gawd. Not to be an Oz lover, but let's play this game. I say if Oz was skipper we wouldn't have lost 21 in a row but would have five wins in this span.

If LaRussa were manager, I'll give him six wins. Yes even with this wholly pathetic lineup we trot out there and this bullpen. I think the skipper who ties Bevington for worst manager in Sox history deserves a few losses.

-- I feel kind of sorry for Pedro in seeing the highlights and his face after the final out. Sad stuff. ... Also, what's wrong with Robert? Why can't he hit worth a squat? Feel sorta sorry for him too. He hasn't gotten hurt in a while and yet reeks.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox got four hits. My gawd. Not to be an Oz lover, but let's play this game. I say if Oz was skipper we wouldn't have lost 21 in a row but would have five wins in this span.

If LaRussa were manager, I'll give him six wins. Yes even with this wholly pathetic lineup we trot out there and this bullpen. I think the skipper who ties Bevington for worst manager in Sox history deserves a few losses.

-- I feel kind of sorry for Pedro in seeing the highlights and his face after the final out. Sad stuff. ... Also, what's wrong with Robert? Why can't he hit worth a squat? Feel sorta sorry for him too. He hasn't gotten hurt in a while and yet reeks.

He wants out of this dumpster fire and it's impacting his play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

The media is blowing it not delving into this streak more. ... Like how with the law of averages can this possibly happen? Like with ... how does one MLB have such less talent than virtually every other team? ... Like does this go further than one team one city? Should baseball intervene and comment on this losing streak? It's basically unprecedented and should be addressed by the top officials in baseball like the commish. How could this happen? How did this happen? Are you embarrassed to be leader of a league that would have a team this rotten?

It should be major news every day and is not.

Frank Thomas tonight on the postgame show said Robert just isn't motivated right now. Garfein said it's just not in his nature to "drive the bus" (I.E. lead the team) especially when things are bad. 

Sounds like another guy who got his big contract without proving a thing in the big leagues and the motivation just isn't what it should be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Frank Thomas tonight on the postgame show said Robert just isn't motivated right now. Garfein said it's just not in his nature to "drive the bus" (I.E. lead the team) especially when things are bad. 

Sounds like another guy who got his big contract without proving a thing in the big leagues and the motivation just isn't what it should be. 

How sad is it that he either doesn’t realize or doesn’t care that him breaking out would help him get moved away from this absolute sh1t show and likely to a good team?

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

y BBush am i right? What is going on with this team? I haven’t watched baseball in like two months, I’d recommend it. 

I may have watched a game or two and was rooting for them to lose… it was fun.

On the topic of Kopech being good/ great for the Dodgers.  Well, the Dodgers were extremely happy to have Lance Lynn right after they traded for him from the Sox. But they weren't too happy when he gave up four home runs(five if you count the one that was barely foul)  in a row to the Diamondback in the playoffs.

Make no mistake, Kopech has an outing or two like that in him, a total head case. Sure he's great while everything is going smoothly for the Dodgers, but put a little heat/ pressure on Kopech and he will again have a 4-run 9th. He is who he is; you can't fix a head case. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

On the topic of Kopech being good/ great for the Dodgers.  Well, the Dodgers were extremely happy to have Lance Lynn right after they traded for him from the Sox. But they weren't too happy when he gave up four home runs(five if you count the one that was barely foul)  in a row to the Diamondback in the playoffs.

Make no mistake, Kopech has an outing or two like that in him, a total head case. Sure he's great while everything is going smoothly for the Dodgers, but put a little heat/ pressure on Kopech and he will again have a 4-run 9th. He is who he is; you can't fix a head case. 

He was incredible in his first go round as a reliever.  It’s very possible that he can be fixed because the stuff remains incredible…this is not a Lance Lynn situation.

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

The media is blowing it not delving into this streak more. ... Like how with the law of averages can this possibly happen? Like with ... how does one MLB have such less talent than virtually every other team? ... Like does this go further than one team one city? Should baseball intervene and comment on this losing streak? It's basically unprecedented and should be addressed by the top officials in baseball like the commish. How could this happen? How did this happen? Are you embarrassed to be leader of a league that would have a team this rotten?

It should be major news every day and is not.

You need an average team to have expectations of average results.

• Paper Bag 2

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Hostetler stopped being scouting director before the pandemic happened.

Eventually you'll have to put the boogymen back in the closet.

You cant expect Harold to post that his boss sucks! Of course hes gonna blame the previous guy. Youd have a better chance of him telling you Toyota is better than a Jeep!!!

Edited by Downtown Brown
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

I wouldn’t attempt to cope like this.  We have seen plenty of players leave this org in the last couple years that have been much better in another uniform.  The Sox forgot everything it takes to maintain an organization in the last 10 years or so, and their instruction and support has been absolute dog s%*#.  Kopech will probably be fine 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He was incredible in his first go round as a reliever.  It’s very possible that he can be fixed because the stuff remains incredible…this is not a Lance Lynn situation.

Kopech flat out said he wasn't listening to Sox coaching.  If that changes, maybe that fixes him, who knows.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Not everyone is a vocal leader. A team does need good players who are followers and set the example. All leaders is a problem. 

The front office was actively trying to make this year's team worse for future benefits. Fans wanted the team to get worse this year for future benefits. I can't imagine anyone really being motivated to go out there.