Gamethread: 8/5 - I Have A Bad Feeling About This One

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Not everyone is a vocal leader. A team does need good players who are followers and set the example. All leaders is a problem. 

The front office was actively trying to make this year's team worse for future benefits. Fans wanted the team to get worse this year for future benefits. I can't imagine anyone really being motivated to go out there. 

Would be interesting to hear a DeBong or Pham, a veteran, talk to friends about the Sox clubhouse. I bet you there's a lot of grousing about Grifol being a clown. Probably a lot of grousing about Getz as well about the talent on the team. Sox don't have one player you would pay to see now that Crochet doesn't even go 5 innings. I don't even want to hear about how Robert is a special talent. All he does is hover around .200 to .210. He can't hit.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kopech flat out said he wasn't listening to Sox coaching.  If that changes, maybe that fixes him, who knows.

Wow, I hadn't heard/ read that he said this. 

In a way, this statement reinforces my opinion of him being a head case that can never be fixed. It makes me feel more confident of my prediction that he'll blow up on them when they need him (again, like Lynn). 

5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

On the topic of Kopech being good/ great for the Dodgers.  Well, the Dodgers were extremely happy to have Lance Lynn right after they traded for him from the Sox. But they weren't too happy when he gave up four home runs(five if you count the one that was barely foul)  in a row to the Diamondback in the playoffs.

Make no mistake, Kopech has an outing or two like that in him, a total head case. Sure he's great while everything is going smoothly for the Dodgers, but put a little heat/ pressure on Kopech and he will again have a 4-run 9th. He is who he is; you can't fix a head case. 

A head case is exactly the type of thing you can fix. You can’t fix a lack of talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

A head case is exactly the type of thing you can fix. You can’t fix a lack of talent.

And make no mistake about it, teams will be trying to do so for years.  We will see if the jolt of a trade wakes him up enough to start being coachable.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

And make no mistake about it, teams will be trying to do so for years.  We will see if the jolt of a trade wakes him up enough to start being coachable.

I’m not saying they will fix him, just that he’s the type of guy that could be fixed.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kopech flat out said he wasn't listening to Sox coaching.  If that changes, maybe that fixes him, who knows.

Would you? Serious question. If you were a player in this organization, and it was clear as day that they have no fucking idea what they are doing, would you actually listen to them? Anyone who has ever played sports has played for coaches that are just absolutely clueless, and didn't listen to them.

This is a toxic, incompetent, demoralizing organization from top to bottom. I don't blame the players ONE BIT for this situation. It's probably the worst organization in baseball to be a part of.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Would you? Serious question. If you were a player in this organization, and it was clear as day that they have no fucking idea what they are doing, would you actually listen to them? Anyone who has ever played sports has played for coaches that are just absolutely clueless, and didn't listen to them.

This is a toxic, incompetent, demoralizing organization from top to bottom. I don't blame the players ONE BIT for this situation. It's probably the worst organization in baseball to be a part of.

For pitching?  Yeah I would.  Look we might not do a lot well, but we pump out top notch pitching like it is going out of style.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For pitching?  Yeah I would.  Look we might not do a lot well, but we pump out top notch pitching like it is going out of style.

Even more amazing is we don't lock up pitchers to medium length deals.