First Time Ever...

Lip Man 1

Watched this today on You Tube. I don't know who these ladies are but this is the first time (other than A.J.) I've heard a "national" show go after JR, call Getz out and basically say what Sox fans have been saying for the past few years. Starts at the 5:29 mark of the show. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

They’re definitely spot on.  Grifol will get canned.  He never should have been hired.  However, considering that this team comes across assembled like Cleveland in Major League, it is clear Getz was instructed/constrained to do this or has no clue what he is doing.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

This losing streak is the best thing to happen for those like myself that want more media criticism of the worst trio of all time 

I agree. I'm rooting for them to break it. f*** it, at least it's something to strive for at this point, and the more it tarnishes JR's legacy. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Watched this today on You Tube. I don't know who these ladies are but this is the first time (other than A.J.) I've heard a "national" show go after JR, call Getz out and basically say what Sox fans have been saying for the past few years. Starts at the 5:29 mark of the show. 

Thank you for posting this.

That was professional and savage. No idea who those hosts are, but everything they said about the Sox was spot on.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Thank you for posting this.

That was professional and savage. No idea who those hosts are, but everything they said about the Sox was spot on.

Those two ladies obviously did their homework on the organization 

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Those two ladies obviously did their homework on the organization 

The one on the left said that she is a “taller, less informed version of Ken Rosenthal.”

Ruthless, haha.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hi8is said:

Wouldn’t doubt it at all if they have read this forum. ?

The one's that do will be more informed.

And just in case some of the local sports radio guys see this, Bernstein go #@!% yourself.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The one on the left said that she is a “taller, less informed version of Ken Rosenthal.”

Ruthless, haha.

have you seen Tim Kurkjian? I think he's shorter than Ken R.  At worst they're about the same height. When I saw Tim K on the ASG broadcast, it was crazy that they put him between those ex ball players, lmao

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here's another one. He specifically talks about TLR's influence and the Sox always being behind the curve (not being proactive):

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/clinton-yates-chicago-white-sox.html

Ugh. these are so hard to listen to.  Why does everyone need to scream?  You can make a point without yelling.

It's nice to see JR getting raked over the coals, but unless it comes from his inner circle, it won't make a difference. He's so arrogantly insulated that it doesn't matter what anyone outside of his inner circle says or does.

On 8/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

The brunette on the right is Alanna Rizzo, she is on the MLB Network, one of the shows she does is High Heat with Mike "Mad Dog" Russo. I am not familiar with the blonde on the left, but she knows her stuff.

Alanna Rizzo is well informed and not just a talking head, she knows baseball and talks baseball all day. The fact that she can get a word in edge wise with Mad Dog Russo is an accomplishment by itself.

Edited by Falstaff

15 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

The brunette on the right is Alanna Rizzo, she is on the MLB Network, one of the shows she does is High Heat with Mike "Mad Dog" Russo. I am not familiar with the blonde on the left, but she knows her stuff.

Alanna Rizzo is well informed and not just a talking head, she knows baseball and talks baseball all day. The fact that she can get a word in edge wise with Mad Dog Russo is an accomplishment by itself.

Brittany Ghiroli

Tim Kirkjian on ESPN today said the Sox losing 21 in a row "is bad for baseball" and said they need to do a complete rebuild. He said that would be helped by trading Crochet and Robert and getting a lot of talent back in return.

Of course when the front office is incompetent, dysfunctional and inept they'll just screw that up too.

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Tim Kirkjian on ESPN today said the Sox losing 21 in a row "is bad for baseball" and said they need to do a complete rebuild. He said that would be helped by trading Crochet and Robert and getting a lot of talent back in return.

Of course when the front office is incompetent, dysfunctional and inept they'll just screw that up too.

This is bad for baseball. The league shouldn't have a team that others can fatten themselves off of. The White Sox are just not a major league level club.

I do get tired of the old solution of a "complete rebuild." What good does it do to trade for young talent when you can't develop it? Or when it is time to add some free agents, but you can't recognize major league talent?

That is why someone from the outside needs to come in and evaluate this franchise. Doing the same thing only prolongs bad results. But this would mean the organization would actually have to admit to themselves that they don't know what they are doing. And they wouldn't want to do that. Being in denial is easier.

Fire Grifol. So what? HIs replacement will only be mired in a bad system. Spare me the talk about a rebuild. This team has done nothing since winning the division in 2008. Unless there is a massive overhaul of this organization, the losing will continue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This team needs more and more negative national attention. I wish they would have beat the losing streak, who knows maybe it would have made headlines even on non-sports news like cnn or fox. The more negative national attention they get, the more pressure there will be on Jerry to sell. But...I worry about who he would sell to.

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Glad Tim got to what should have happened two weeks ago, but cool.