8/6 Games

BamaDoc

Knights win 10-5.

Burke looked solid today. Walk + HR in the first, and then retired 10 in a row before running out of steam. Slider looks nice.

Finished with 4IP, 3ER, 3H, 2BB, 8K(!).

McGough (Eloy trade) has given up no hits/runs in his first 4IP(2G) in the system. 5K, 1BB.

Lots of success offensively:

• Quero: 3-4 with an HR and 3RBI.
  • Deloach: 2-3 with a 3B, HR, BB, and 3RBI.
  • Elko: 3-5
  • Colson: 1-5 with a HR and 3RBI.
  • Like 1

Whole farm playing like they smell free roster spots?

4-0 farm sweep (Kanny postponed), winning by a cumulative 38-14.

Barons won 7-1. Gowens (4IP/1ER) and Schoenle (3IP/0ER) pitched well.

Somewhat rare offensive outburst for Bham as the recent promotions get settled in. Gonzo was 2-5. Goosenberg hit one 444ft, 106 off the bat. 

WS won 9-4. Tommy Vail has a tiny 0.75ERA through his first 5 starts/24IP at A+.

Bergolla (Banks trade) has looked good defensively, and is also 4-12 with a walk, 2 SB, and just 1K so far.

Nishida 3-4 with a SB, .409/.458/.409 so far in High A. I want him to be something so badly.

Kath 3-5 with a 2B and 3RBI.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Somewhat rare offensive outburst for Bham as the recent promotions get settled in. Gonzo was 2-5. Goosenberg hit one 444ft, 106 off the bat. 

WS won 9-4. Tommy Vail has a tiny 0.75ERA through his first 5 starts/24IP at A+.

Bergolla (Fedde+ trade) has looked good defensively, and is also 4-12 with a walk, 2 SB, and just 1K so far.

Nishida 3-4 with a SB, .409/.458/.409 so far in High A. I want him to be something so badly.

Good summary. Thank you. 

P.S. Bergolla was the Tanner Banks trade, not the Fedde trade. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Bergolla (Fedde+ trade) has looked good defensively, and is also 4-12 with a walk, 2 SB, and just 1K so far.

Nishida is basically Madrigal but worse because you have to burn an outfield spot.  I’m guessing he would consistently look like the worst player out there in MLB.  

6 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Nishida is basically Madrigal but worse because you have to burn an outfield spot.  I’m guessing he would consistently look like the worst player out there in MLB.  

Nishida was an 11th round pick. Madrigal was picked 4th overall. Nishida did play 2b last night. Nishida walks a ton and can actually steal bases. Nishida hits lefty. Nishida is not a similar player to Madrigal except for the lack of power. He is unlikely to make the majors, but he is fun. And again, he cost very, very little unlike Madrgal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

He's split time between LF and 2B all season long. 

Let us also mention that Nishida decided to go to Oregon because he liked their colors and also that he voluntarily used a wood bat in college ball. This guy is built so, so different. I am not capable of thinking rationally about him because I'm not sure he is capable of thinking rationally