A bit of good news

Cali

Although I would still like to see Vazquez in a Sox uniform I have high hopes for our current rotation. Mark is a proven ace, I think Garland and Wright will have breakthrough years and Rauch should be a ROY candidate. With Nardi long gone the staff will improve.

even tho you are saying that mark is a proven commodity, jon and wright are not and you are having hopes for rauch. now you are talking about colon who is a proven commodity as well as vazquez. i can't see how you can't make the move for that.

Although I would still like to see Vazquez in a Sox uniform I have high hopes for our current rotation. Mark is a proven ace, I think Garland and Wright will have breakthrough years and Rauch should be a ROY candidate. With Nardi long gone the staff will improve.

even tho you are saying that mark is a proven commodity, jon and wright are not and you are having hopes for rauch. now you are talking about colon who is a proven commodity as well as vazquez. i can't see how you can't make the move for that.

I don't think the Expos would trade both pitches in the same deal as they would likely get a better return in two separate deals. While Colon has been successful he will be a free agent after the season and if he has a good season he will get alot of attention from other teams and would likely leave. If we had to give up Garland or Wright in the deal we will be in an even worse position for 2004. Vazquez likely wouldn't cost us as much in a deal and would be here for two years I believe. Colon is also overweight and out of shape, so I would be concerned about giving him a long term deal even if we could sign him.

If the 'spos dumped Colon and Vasquez would they still need to lose Tatis or vice versa Colon and Tatis can they keep Vasquez?  Finally how much did Herges make and is that kid they got from the Buckkos any good?

No...they could ger rid of Barret and we could send them cash....and they'd be set.

If the 'spos dumped Colon and Vasquez would they still need to lose Tatis or vice versa Colon and Tatis can they keep Vasquez?  Finally how much did Herges make and is that kid they got from the Buckkos any good?

No...they could ger rid of Barret and we could send them cash....and they'd be set.

if they are getting rid of either or both pitchers, then i would imagine that they would insist on a team taking tatis.

To be honest, I don't want Tatis. LaRussa dumped him because he's a clubhouse cancer. No team wants to pick up Tatis and pay him what his contract calls for. Just think about all the speculation about teams intested in Mike Lowell. Yet, I don't recall seeing any mention of a team looking to Tatis as their answer at 3B. With the Sox being so dollar conscious, I can't see them paying Tatis $6Mil to back up Crede.