Gamethread 8/6: "Taylor" Made

• Texsox changed the title to Game Thread 8/6 - "Taylor" Made
  • Texsox changed the title to Gamethread 8/6: "Taylor" Made
  • Capn12 pinned this topic

As the perceptive Virgo Moon conjoins analytical Mercury at 1:19 am EDT, this might become an overwhelming flow of information. While Luna squares aggressive Mars, 

That's it, we win tonight!

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

13 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

As the perceptive Virgo Moon conjoins analytical Mercury at 1:19 am EDT, this might become an overwhelming flow of information. While Luna squares aggressive Mars, 

Oh you’re talking about the game… I figured that was an except of some Mars Volta lyrics.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I feel more confident in that than "they are about to break out of the slump" lol

This year's Sox Team reminds somewhat of a bad Cubs team years ago when Harry Carey had the mic.  Cubs weren't this bad, but they lost a lot that year, and Harry would start out by saying the two teams are tied 0-0 at start of game, and then all of a sudden they're behind.

I hope Cannon does not put himself in a hole by walking 3 A's in first inning. Bush was lucky to get out of there after 4 innings down only 3-1. Very lucky.  But, the die was cast. No more offense, and Sox went down quietly, just like they are supposed to.

Pitch a shutout, Cannon. That's my advice.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Oh you’re talking about the game… I figured that was an except of some Mars Volta lyrics.

Clipside of the pink-eyed fountain, What of this mongrel architect? A broken arm of sewers set. Past, present, and future tense.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I think the Sox are going to fail at failing and break the streak tonight.

Will have to settle for tying the AL record instead of setting MLB record. 

I've never started a game thread that we won. This team could end my streak. 

So we're at 21. Is that the worst in AL history or a tie. How many do Sox have to lose to have longest losing streak in history. Hard to believe the Sox have drawn as well as they have this year. Guess the over 50s do still need a baseball fix (I read somewhere the young audience is gone; it's only 50 and up who will watch baseball).