Gamethread 8/6: "Taylor" Made

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah we had more in our gym for Regionals.

We play our big rival at the Alamo Dome to start the season. 

1 minute ago, dohnut said:

They actually look like they’re making an effort tonight.

That will stop as soon as they fall behind

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Who TF in this org thinks that Sheets is still good and worthy of a roster spot at this point?  Guy should be DFA regardless of control.

He has to be the worst player in baseball the last two months

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Who TF in this org thinks that Sheets is still good and worthy of a roster spot at this point?  Guy should be DFA regardless of control.

To me Sheets is a 4A slugger sort of Luke Easter lite. If they ever get better he is gone. 

I like Connor McLight. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

To me Sheets is a 4A slugger sort of Luke Easter lite. If they ever get better he is gone. 

I like Connor McLight. 

Problem is he can’t even slug anymore.  He hasn’t homered in almost two months.

Edited by fathom

Oscar Colas’ 92 wRC+ in the majors is the third highest of those still in the org behind Moncada (120) & Remillard (95).  He continues to rot in AAA while we continue to a play a no hitting 1B in the OF.  Make it make sense.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

it's crazy that Getz hasn't DFAd anyone from the bullpen, in fact he's made it worse (if you can believe that) by getting rid of Kopech and Banks.  how the f*** do these relievers still have jobs when we can at least call up some lottery tickets from Charlotte or Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oscar Colas’ 92 wRC+ in the majors is the third highest of those still in the org behind Moncada (120) & Remillard (95).  He continues to rot in AAA while we continue to a play a no hitting 1B in the OF.  Make it make sense.

They clearly don’t like him, and he’s been bad in AAA

Just now, joejoesox said:

it's crazy that Getz hasn't DFAd anyone from the bullpen, in fact he's made it worse (if you can believe that) by getting rid of Kopech and Banks.  how the f*** do these relievers still have jobs when we can at least call up some lottery tickets from Charlotte or Birmingham.

I know some will disagree, but the relief arms in the minors are pretty damn bad.