Sox or Nashville? Playoff Race

Texsox

Who Reaches the Playoffs First? Nashville or Sox?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who reaches the playoffs first?

• Nashville / Expansion Team
    • JR Owned White Sox Team
    • Non JR Owned White Sox Team

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Vaughn averages .235 with 13 home runs and 50 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season. If that doesn't sum up why the White Sox offense is so bad this season nothing does.

14 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Vaughn averages .235 with 13 home runs and 50 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season. If that doesn't sum up why the White Sox offense is so bad this season nothing does.

I laughed when I read that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldsox said:

But Vaughn is not the problem. Not even close.

True. The fact that Robert with 0.8 war is leading the batting is another indication of how monumentally bad this team is offensively, by the way Moncada is second on the list with 0.3 and he hasn't played since early April. Of the 28 position players used this season only 8 have a positive war, 2 have a 0.0 war, and the remaining 18 players all have a negative war.

10 hours ago, Chimpton said:

But the fact that he is the best performing hitter the White Sox have is a problem.

Despite the team rushing him to the majors and prioritizing wins over his development he's hanging on. 

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Despite the team rushing him to the majors and prioritizing wins over his development he's hanging on. 

I agree the team have completely messed up his development, and part of me hopes that he goes elsewhere and has a successful career. I have nothing against Vaughn, but the fact that statistically he is the best hitter this season shows how bad things are.

6 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Vaughn wouldn't be on the roster of most MLB teams, so yes hes a problem 

I don't have the energy to go over the rosters of all 29 other teams to see if there is a theoretical fit for Vaughn, but I think you exaggerated.

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

I don't have the energy to go over the rosters of all 29 other teams to see if there is a theoretical fit for Vaughn, but I think you exaggerated.

He has proven his versatility in multiple positions. His willingness to do whatever a team needs. Probably still has some potential development in the right organization. 

He's probably a solid bench player for a few teams.