Now that the WIN streak has started...

That's right - broke the 21 LOSS streak and NOW it's time to get serious. 

Or not. (LOL)

Let's get the young guys up for looks and dump trash.  Or not.

It's amazing to me that Benintendi is now hitting.

Some guys say we should touch a few prospects, like Quero.  I know guys on this very board that are very serious saying "no waY, but why?  
Jerry's $/time/clock on a player?  
I'm done caring about that anymore.

Edited by FranksPillz

12 minutes ago, FranksPillz said:

That's right - broke the 21 LOSS streak and NOW it's time to get serious. 

Or not. (LOL)

Let's get the young guys up for looks and dump trash.  Or not.

It's amazing to me that Benintendi is now hitting.

Some guys say we should touch a few prospects, like Quero.  I know guys on this very board that are very serious saying "no waY, but why?  
Jerry's $/time/clock on a player?  
I'm done caring about that anymore.

I think most of the diehards on the board don't want to start the clock of any top prospects. They are convinced the team hen will be gawd-awful two more seasons then might improve a bit in 2027.

Just now, greg775 said:

I think most of the diehards on the board don't want to start the clock of any top prospects. They are convinced the team hen will be gawd-awful two more seasons then might improve a bit in 2027.

Dad...., I mean Greg. Don't take the bait. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Dad...., I mean Greg. Don't take the bait. 

It's not...that.
I genuinely want to hear what our fans have to say though.

(SSSHH - Don't mess it up)

Edited by FranksPillz

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

You mean we don't want to rush guys and hamper their development. 

Some die hard contrarians believe you can promote everyone, anytime, regardless of readiness. 

• Like 1

It’s ALWAYS nice to win—even if it’s rare with this group.  Still prepping for a couple of attitudes today.  

1. A newfound confidence in Pedro and a puff piece on why Getz was right to wait this out.

2. A fan scolding that has something to do with how we were 1. “Wrong to doubt them” (as though the 1 win is somehow more relevant than the 21 losses) and 2. A call for patience/hope. Listen closely because they might even be worked into the game calls!

that is the thing about Benintendi....he doesn't have power...but he SHOULD be a .275/.340 guy every year based on his swing and body type. But Sox have either tinkered with his swing too much or the bad has rubbed off on him. Was it a bad contract...yep. Should he suck as much as he did first 3 months...nah. 

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

Can someone please explain who the service time clock works for prospects.  I thought if he prospect gets called up after May1st their time during that year does not count????

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

You mean we don't want to rush guys and hamper their development. 

Some die hard contrarians believe you can promote everyone, anytime, regardless of readiness. 

The Royals let Witt develop and do his thing in the majors while the team was losing 100 games. Sox prospects seem to come up and hit .100 or worse til they mercifully are sent back down. No matter if they are high expectation guys or low. With this organization as bad as it is, just bring up the studs when they are 20 or 21 not 23 or 24. Not that difficult.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

The Royals let Witt develop and do his thing in the majors while the team was losing 100 games. Sox prospects seem to come up and hit .100 or worse til they mercifully are sent back down. No matter if they are high expectation guys or low. With this organization as bad as it is, just bring up the studs when they are 20 or 21 not 23 or 24. Not that difficult.

I would be curious to know who you think should be on the Bobby Witt Jr path in the Sox organization and why.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be curious to know who you think should be on the Bobby Witt Jr path in the Sox organization and why.

Montgomery is 22. Bring him up.  Quero is 21. Bring him up. What does it matter if they hit .400 or .100. They allegedly are top prospects.