Gamethread 8/7: We're #1 at #2

My first Gamethread win of all time was yesterday. And with that single win I'm near the top of 2024 gamethread starting winning steaks. 

#2 win? ? 

Brent Rooker and the Oakland Athletics take on Andrew Vaughn and the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday at 3:37 PM ET in the final game of a three-game series. The Athletics are the favorite in this one, at -192, while the underdog White Sox have +160 odds to upset. Oakland is a 1.5-run favorite (at +113 odds). The total is 8.5 runs for the game

Most of the players in this afternoon's game have wanted to play baseball in the worst way since they were kids. And they have succeeded. They are playing in the worst way. 

• Like 1

• Capn12 pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

The Athletic had a story on Larry Sheets losing 21 in a row with the 1988 Orioles and now his son Gavin loses 21 in a row with the Sox. I hope the White Sox don't draft the grandson.

Thankfully the Sox would never overdraft a guy based on where his dad is employed.

• Paper Bag 1

It really is unfortunate that they are making them play a day game today after that monumental win last night....should've given the boys a week at least to rest and recuperate.

Just now, Capn12 said:

I mean, did Benintendi wake up finally, and say to himself "OK, I guess maybe I'll go earn that contract."

"If I am not the worst LF in baseball, maybe I can get traded out of Chicago"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I mean, did Benintendi wake up finally, and say to himself "OK, I guess maybe I'll go earn that contract."

Or in typical Sox fashion he has been playing injured and might actually feel alright now.

4 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I'll say 11.5. That call was crap.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a terrible call for sure.

Sorry, I only have Gameday to go by. No chance I was paying to watch this team this season.

Yikes

image.png

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well it is nice to see that Benitendi seems to be remembering how to play like a major leaguer.

Do you think it is possible, now that the record tying losing streak is over, that this has all been just a marketing tie in with Nike?.....Winning Isn't For Everyone.

Just now, wegner said:

Do you think it is possible, now that the record tying losing streak is over, that this has all been just a marketing tie in with Nike?.....Winning Isn't For Everyone.

I mean you need to have losers in order to have winners, so...