Gamethread 8/7: We're #1 at #2

I just don't understand rostering Touki. He was bad in AAA, he's bad in mlb. He simply does not throw enough strikes. I'll agree there's some bad batted ball luck in this inning, but there are guys in the minors who have better stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Baldwin plays ss, Sosa plays 2b, Vargas at 3b. Ramos has gotten hot at AAA. Maybe he comes up when Vargas shows he can't play 3rd.

Fletcher and DeLoach instead of Sheets. Maybe even give Colas another shot?

Quero is ready. Give him the at bats instead of Robinson.

Mason Adams for Flexen until Thorpe comes back.

Adisyn Coffey instead of Wilson (who can be sent down).

AHT for Touki or Leone.

Baldwin, Sosa, Vargas and Fletcher are already on the roster. DeLoach sucks. I’d rather just hold off on Quero but you may be right there. No excuse for not playing Colas though imo. Who is AHT?

Just now, Timmy U said:

I just don't understand rostering Touki. He was bad in AAA, he's bad in mlb. He simply does not throw enough strikes. I'll agree there's some bad batted ball luck in this inning, but there are guys in the minors who have better stuff.

Someone needs to go out there to throw innings to get through the rest of this season, thats why hes here.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I mean who are you sending out there to suck up three innings with a two run lead.  This pen is historically bad.

13 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

If only they didn't wait 6 months to have him undergo Tommy when everyone seemed to know he needed it at the end of 2022.

I don't blame a player for delaying surgery and trying other options. They are humans after all. 

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

But he was on prospect lists a decade ago

3 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Baldwin, Sosa, Vargas and Fletcher are already on the roster. DeLoach sucks. I’d rather just hold off on Quero but you may be right there. No excuse for not playing Colas though imo. Who is AHT?

Anthony Hoopii Tuionetoa, reliever the Sox acquired from Texas for Grossman. He and Coffey have to be added to the 40 man in the offseason. Have no idea why they aren't getting a shot in the majors.

Just now, Texsox said:

I don't blame a player for delaying surgery and trying other options. They are humans after all. 

Listening to a guy like Ptatc, surgery is a last resort that is used only if it has to be.  The normal course of action is to try to rehab if it isn't a situation that mandates surgery.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Listening to a guy like Ptatc, surgery is a last resort that is used only if it has to be.  The normal course of action is to try to rehab if it isn't a situation that mandates surgery.

And if it was me, I'd be getting multiple opinions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean who are you sending out there to suck up three innings with a two run lead.  This pen is historically bad.

I have explained who I would call up. I certainly would not have put Touki in with the lead in a game, but that's just me.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Anthony Hoopii Tuionetoa, reliever the Sox acquired from Texas for Grossman. He and Coffey have to be added to the 40 man in the offseason. Have no idea why they aren't getting a shot in the majors.

Thanks. Forgot about that one.