Gamethread 8/7: We're #1 at #2

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

I don't think it was him who delayed it. That was the case for Lambert.

Are you thinking he wanted the surgery but the team didn't allow it? 

1 minute ago, Superstar Lamar said:

No reason to pull Davis in that situation with our record.  Does Grifol think there is a monster that attacks starters lurking on the other side of the sixth inning?

I’m fine playing it safe with his pitch count 

• Like 1

Just now, Superstar Lamar said:

No reason to pull Davis in that situation with our record.  Does Grifol think there is a monster that attacks starters lurking on the other side of the sixth inning?

He's literally still building innings after having Tommy John surgery in May of last year.  He isn't going to go deep into games for a while.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Anthony Hoopii Tuionetoa, reliever the Sox acquired from Texas for Grossman. He and Coffey have to be added to the 40 man in the offseason. Have no idea why they aren't getting a shot in the majors.

The first guy hasn't even thrown a pitch in AAA yet.  Coffey could be interesting, and it wouldn't shock me if he is here in a month.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m fine playing it safe with his pitch count 

I'm fine with signing disposable players for the next season of two. 

9 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

He's coming back from TJ. Most pitches thrown in minors was 64 as he rehabbing. I doubt this was grifols call.

This game was a pretty decent encapsulation of this entire season. Decent to good starting pitching. The offense scores all their runs in one inning and then goes back asleep. The bullpen blows a lead. Since the offense already scored any runs they were going to score, the game is over once this team falls behind later in the game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hopefully we never see Pedro again.  I’m optimistic he’s fired tomorrow

JR, "Pedro, welcome back to Chicago. Congrats on that win. Why don't you stop by my office tomorrow and we'll celebrate. BTW, bring a box."

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I don't blame a player for delaying surgery and trying other options. They are humans after all. 

That is standard protocol.  Always try conservative treatment first.  While we are getting good good at surgeries. They still aren't 100%. Plus there is always that very small chance if complications from the surgery itself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'm not. 

Neither am I. For all we know he's managing the roster exactly like Getz (JR) want. 

31 minutes ago, Texsox said:

JR, "Pedro, welcome back to Chicago. Congrats on that win. Why don't you stop by my office tomorrow and we'll celebrate. BTW, bring a box."

That's not the BYOB we all hope for

• Haha 1