Robert

2Deep

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Luis Robert is the perfect distillation of the laziness of the White Sox’s staff.

Any other, professional organization with a guy coming up with his talent level, they would work with him on good habits like preparing for games and using information to be better. 

The White Sox firmly believe that this is too much work. This is where the lack of staff employed by the team matters. While he’s coming up, he isn’t coached, and when he’s healthy he has success based solely on his athletic gifts. 

When he gets to the big leagues, he doesn’t know the coaches names because he doesn’t want coaching and doesn’t believe in it. This has been said publicly, he doesn’t want scouting reports he just wants to do his thing, and no one in the White Sox organization was willing to correct it. Now, it has become a bad habit that he doesn’t think he needs to change, after all he’s an all star. They drop videos about how great of shape he’s in, but not about him working on recognizing pitches or studying film, because convincing him to do that and then teaching him effectively would take hard work, and the White Sox don’t do that.

Then a few injuries start nagging more, he goes from 99th percentile skills to something less than that at least for a time, and his athleticism doesn’t carry him as much as he used to. Because they allowed him to get away with not wanting to learn anything, he has not become a smarter player like many guys do with experience, he’s still trying to swing as hard as he can, but it’s just less effective.

Anyway, let's take the guy in charge of developing that player and make him run the entire org.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It is really a shame that the Sox cannot get maximum production out of Robert.  A massive amount of talent, 5 tool, but this franchise is a joke top to bottom. 

Where is the hitting coach? Who is working with Robert?  This is the franchise's 1 legit star position player.

Just a meaningless rant on my part, nothing will change until a new owner comes in. 

Edited by Falstaff

I think it is important for a player to be healthy before we judge their ability to perform.  I have no idea if Robert is really healthy or not. I assume he is close to healthy since he is playing pretty regularly but maybe he is not. 

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think zero protection is playing a much bigger role than people realize.

That is probably also fair.  They don't have to throw him a strike because who is going to drive him in if he walks?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is probably also fair.  They don't have to throw him a strike because who is going to drive him in if he walks?

Vaughn the RBI machine. He's got a great chance at 70 this year. That is more than two a week. Blistering pace. 

Rick Hahn extended (and gave immediate raises) to the players his career was tied to, instead of using those funds to bring in more talent in the present, and somehow was cheered on by 99% of the fanbase while he did it.  

I blame myself.  

33 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

How did this organization turn into what it is today. It was a really good one in the 90's and 2000's. How did this happen.

We refuse to adjust to 2024 and instead want to run an organization based on how the Brooklyn Dodgers and David Eckstein did it.

• TLR 1

2 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

How did this organization turn into what it is today. It was a really good one in the 90's and 2000's. How did this happen.

That's the million dollar question and the answer probably involves a lot of areas and a lot of people.

Off the top of my head here may be two examples:

JR's ego that continues to insist his way is the right way to win. Since 2007 this franchise is one of the worst in baseball. JR refuses to adapt, refuses to hold people accountable until much too late, and continues to insist on "fiscal responsibility" even though MLB by Manfred's own admission is now a 10 billion dollar a year business.

The "inbred" attitude of the organization. Almost like a mob mentality, if you aren't connected to the "family" we have little to no interest in hiring you. Very little outside perspective on the problems and issues. 

• Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Luis Fucking Robert

Ladies and gents

This man absolutely sucks at baseball for a SUPPOSED star 

good night 

He doesn’t suck at baseball.  He just doesn’t care and he’s obviously lazy.  Moncada and Eloy rubbed off on him in the worst way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He doesn’t suck at baseball.  He just doesn’t care and he’s obviously lazy.  Moncada and Eloy rubbed off on him in the worst way.

What you said hurts at the core as a sox fan.

I'm never going to call anyone lazy .....

He either does not give a f*** or he sucks! DARRELL BOSTON all over again for those that know

If they wanna somehow prevent being the worst team of all time, you gotta sit the automatic outs for an extended period of time

You gotta sit Robert, and Vargas for the next few days.  And get rid of Corey Julks for the love of god 

6 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

What you said hurts at the core as a sox fan.

I'm never going to call anyone lazy .....

He either does not give a f*** or he sucks! DARRELL BOSTON all over again for those that know

His raw talent is off the charts. His inability to stay healthy saddled with a poor organization has probably beaten him down mentally where he doesn't care anymore and he's probably pissed he wasn't traded.  

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Might be true to a small extent.

I went back and edited my post from Thursday. I removed the part that I said it appears that Robert has checked out. 

To be fair I do not have clue what he is thinking.  He is in a major slump, and it looks bad but he is an elite ballplayer.