Robert

2Deep

On 8/10/2024 at 7:11 AM, JoeC said:

Body language speaks volumes.

He looks defeated.

Okay and is that a good thing? I was coked up the other day meeting with my parole officer and she was like see "this is the type of enthusiasm you need to get your life back on track, it's great seeing you this way." I was like "hell yeah" 

I'm not saying that we need to feed luis robert cocaine but we definitely need to see him respond and we need a reason to say "hell yeah" https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/210416-stone-cold-steve-austin-wwe-ac-845p-scaled-1.jpg

Edited by bobbydanks

5 hours ago, bobbydanks said:

Okay and is that a good thing? I was coked up the other day meeting with my parole officer and she was like see "this is the type of enthusiasm you need to get your life back on track, it's great seeing you this way." I was like "hell yeah" 

I'm not saying that we need to feed luis robert cocaine but we definitely need to see him respond and we need a reason to say "hell yeah" https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/210416-stone-cold-steve-austin-wwe-ac-845p-scaled-1.jpg

Wait what

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bobbydanks said:

Not gonna lie. This might be one of the greatest posts in Soxtalk history right here. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

https://x.com/JayCuda/status/1822458991261147397

Forget a haul in a trade return, will another team even take him as a pure salary dump at this point?

Way too much talent not to for a team. He needs to get the hell away from this losing culture. It's obvious he's checked out. Eloy might be the happiest he's been in 2-3 years and it's showing. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Way too much talent not to for a team. He needs to get the hell away from this losing culture. It's obvious he's checked out. Eloy might be the happiest he's been in 2-3 years and it's showing. 

Teams know how talented he is. His agent I'm sure talks to people around the league. There's not a person alive who doesn't understand why Robert would be playing the way he is right now. This organization is a fucking disaster. There's no trust between players and management. He wants out.

On 8/7/2024 at 9:28 PM, 46DidIt said:

Robert has always struck me as a guy going though the motions, but with his talent, the motion produced good results when he was locked in and healthy. But he doesn’t seem to possess a real ball player mentality

This.

On 8/10/2024 at 8:27 AM, bobbydanks said:

He is dead to himself zzzzz. 

5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

We've got players checked out despite being paid a good dolalr, just a distastrous future looking we fans in the face and yet we can calm some of our fans by acting like we are building a team via some ridiculous trades. Just dump or release Moncada and Robert, sell the team and get us an expansion team in here. Sox have jumped the shark, likely forever.

There is virtually no hope of turning this around with Jerry in charge. Baseball needs to step in. 

On 8/10/2024 at 7:04 AM, Falstaff said:

I went back and edited my post from Thursday. I removed the part that I said it appears that Robert has checked out. 

To be fair I do not have clue what he is thinking.  He is in a major slump, and it looks bad but he is an elite ballplayer.

From my perspective he's a very good fielder. He is a .198 hitter. That's not elite.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

We've got players checked out despite being paid a good dolalr, just a distastrous future looking we fans in the face and yet we can calm some of our fans by acting like we are building a team via some ridiculous trades. Just dump or release Moncada and Robert, sell the team and get us an expansion team in here. Sox have jumped the shark, likely forever.

There is virtually no hope of turning this around with Jerry in charge. Baseball needs to step in. 

The first part of your statement appears to be very true.

The second part isn't happening, neither is bringing in an expansion team or JR selling. 

27 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The first part of your statement appears to be very true.

The second part isn't happening, neither is bringing in an expansion team or JR selling. 

At least "Stand up Southsiders" could be proud of an expansion team. This thing they are throwing out there is a joke. Cue the no throw home by our shortstop yesterday. Or just flip flop it and let our AAA and AA teams merge and play out the rest of the 2024 MLB season. That'd be fun and the AA/AAA team probably would win 5-10 games. They can regroup in February/March.

7 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Teams know how talented he is. His agent I'm sure talks to people around the league. There's not a person alive who doesn't understand why Robert would be playing the way he is right now. This organization is a fucking disaster. There's no trust between players and management. He wants out.

Sizemore needs to have a man-to-man discussion concerning how fast it can all end.  He has been there.

• Like 1

Most players do not play for the sake of the game anymore. Those days seem to be gone or those players seem to be gone. 

Luis has very little love for the game and is at a point where he clearly does not care. He went from being poor to being rich with the swing of a bat. It's too bad since he really does have that much talent. 

I'll take the Rowands and Konerkos every day over the Roberts of the world. 

• Like 2