Robert

2Deep

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Because they completely fucked up the Crochet situation to the point where he or his agent felt no choice was left but to leak to the media…do we really believe anyone would consciously choose to be stuck on the worst team in MLB history if they felt negotiations hadn’t reached an impasse??

You mean the dude they have been working with all year as a starter?  

On 8/14/2024 at 5:46 PM, caulfield12 said:

Because they completely fucked up the Crochet situation to the point where he or his agent felt no choice was left but to leak to the media…do we really believe anyone would consciously choose to be stuck on the worst team in MLB history if they felt negotiations hadn’t reached an impasse??

Fucked it up ?They made him a star pitcher. He literally didn't want to be traded because he was already in a good situation  doing exactly what he wanted to do. He had no guarantees another team would treat him like the White Sox. He wanted to make sure he wasn't used as a relief pitcher or forced to pitch too many innings,  moves he thought might be career threatening.

Of course it blindsided the Sox but  if he is going to blow out his arm again he preferred to do it his way.

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Y'all are awfully quiet tonight

No one is quiet.  Why didn’t this lazy ass do this prior to the deadline?  He has to hit a lot better than this one game to increase his trade value for the offseason.

Robert can earn his fucking spot off of this team in the offseason by not being such a suck ass.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Fucked it up ?They made him a star pitcher. He literally didn't want to be traded because he was already in a good situation  doing exactly what he wanted to do. He had no guarantees another team would treat him like the White Sox. He wanted to make sure he wasn't used as a relief pitcher or forced to pitch too many innings,  moves he thought might be career threatening.

Of course it blindsided the Sox but  if he is going to blow out his arm again he preferred to do it his way.

As long as he doesn't get hurt with this new 4 IP 55-70 pitches plan.

Then Getz will simply be eviscerated by the fanbase.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Y'all are awfully quiet tonight

As the old saying goes "one swallow doesn't make a summer". No one doubted his talent, and tonight's game showcases what that talent could be.

What has been doubted is his commitment and his .218 batting average and .696 OPS for the season are a massive underachievement.

If he performs to a high level the remainder of the season all well and good, but I won't get giddy from one performance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No one is quiet.  Why didn’t this lazy ass do this prior to the deadline?  He has to hit a lot better than this one game to increase his trade value for the offseason.

Robert can earn his fucking spot off of this team in the offseason by not being such a suck ass.

It’s almost as if baseball is really hard and Robert is a very streaky and still unpolished hitter.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

As long as he doesn't get hurt with this new 4 IP 55-70 pitches plan.

Then Getz will simply be eviscerated by the fanbase.

Why though ? Everything happening is just the way Crochet wants it.  Getz' pitcher wants to pitch. It's his job to pitch.Youre paying him to pitch. He can still throw 99 when he wants to.

Maybe him getting hurt again is inevitable or maybe it's not.

If he does it's because of his own choices.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Snopek said:

It’s almost as if baseball is really hard and Robert is a very streaky and still unpolished hitter.

This has been Robert’s last 30 days, before last night: 

92 PA, .135/.163/.213, HR, 3.3% BB, 46.7% K

Thats worst player in the league category. With his talent, that’s more than just a “rough patch” or “bad streak” 

Dude is checked out. Also is dealing with no lineup protection, has been hurt…but this is more than him just being unlucky. A 46.7% k rate?? Yikes 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tony said:

This has been Robert’s last 30 days, before last night: 

92 PA, .135/.163/.213, HR, 3.3% BB, 46.7% K

Thats worst player in the league category. With his talent, that’s more than just a “rough patch” or “bad streak” 

Dude is checked out. Also is dealing with no lineup protection, has been hurt…but this is more than him just being unlucky. A 46.7% k rate?? Yikes 

What are his stats with and without Moldy in the lineup?

• Haha 2

I feel like a lot of guys checked out (this is a euphemism for quitting, they quit.  aka, stopped trying) 

Funny how most of the guys who were traded immediately started trying again and look like halfway decent players now.  not saying they're automatically fixed, but there's a noticable improvement.  pham and fedde are the same/worse though. baseball is funny sometimes

gotta jettison the talented quitters though, imo

• 2 weeks later...

it kills me to say this but Robert is nothing more than a average baseball player.   i’m starting to think his “slump” is nothing more than who he is.   Turn on Yankee game and watch Judge or Soto, a Royals game and watch Witt or an Orioles game and watch a few of there players and you see true Superstar type players.   Robert is no where close to being like that!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johno said:

it kills me to say this but Robert is nothing more than a average baseball player.   i’m starting to think his “slump” is nothing more than who he is.   Turn on Yankee game and watch Judge or Soto, a Royals game and watch Witt or an Orioles game and watch a few of there players and you see true Superstar type players.   Robert is no where close to being like that!!

Going to hurt people’s feelings but I agree.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Johno said:

You named three of the very best players in the game. I think you can still be a superstar without being in that upper upper upper tier of players.

That being said, he really does need to start showing more. Really disappointing season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

You named three of the very best players in the game. I think you can still be a superstar without being in that upper upper upper tier of players.

That being said, he really does need to start showing more. Really disappointing season.

It would help if he could string a few years together where he's not trying to hit with only one good arm or be able to run without serious injury. 

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

He’s no superstar either.  Superstars don’t go into massively long bouts of slumps like this guy, and that’s when he’s not injured which is often.

.224 / .690?

No way…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Snopek said:

Robert likes playing ball of course and he makes good money but is he really that in to it? He might grow into a better player one day since he seems like he is still a kid. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2024 at 11:20 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And Rios was a 2 time all star when the Sox acquired him. He was coming off a 4 WAR season the season before the Sox traded him to the Rangers. The Sox will be very lucky if Robert produces a 4 WAR season in 2025 or 2026.

I recall Ranger fans gloating when they picked up Rios. Uhhh Toronto gave him to the Sox just for taking on his salary. 

If we're all going to sit around jerking off because the White sox didn't completely lose a trade 20 years ago involving a player putting up similar stats to Robert then sorry but someone's going to have to bring more lube to the table for it to even be a worthwhile argument. 

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Julio Rodriguez is even more of a bust than Robert then, at least this season, because they absolutely needed him to compete with Houston.

https://www.mlb.com/player/julio-rodriguez-677594

Okay whatever man you should know a slump or a  bust but you don't. Soto batting 200 with a 900 OPS was a slump. Julio is a questionmark but picking up. Robert looks like the same old s%*#. He's lost his power he's lost his walks he's lost his speed and he's probably ost his defense. The cubs wouldn't even trade us PCA for Robert right now and at the beginning of the year PCA was considered equal to Dominic Fletcher. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... maybe chill on that hill there 

10 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Robert wouldn't be the first player to have a few good years and then fall off a cliff. 

Look at his current manager for more proof of that. 

Sure, and he also wouldn’t be the first player to have a couple bad seasons mixed in with a bunch of good ones.

Look, I get it. He’s been hurt. He’s been inconsistent. He’s underperformed. We’re all sick of hearing about his elite talent without seeing elite results.

But I don’t get the need to prematurely conclude that he’s nothing more than an average player and that’s all he’ll ever be. He just turned 27.

• Like 1