8/7 Games

BamaDoc

In Kanny, all the new guys got their first hit. Wolkow was 1-3 with 2 walks. LMG looks kinda like his mirror image at the plate, just two huge dudes. Ballers lost 6-3.

The WS game was tied 3-3 going into extras...they lost 12-8 after 10. The zone got really tiny, the teams combined for 7BB and 4XBH, and the Dash got the worst of it.

Zavala hit a 2 run HR and Kath hit a 3 run HR.

A bright spot for the WS pen was Pallette who has been excellent in relief (1.15 ERA and 0.70 WHIP through 15.2IP over 9 games) with 24 K/2 BB(!!).

Barons got walked off 7-5 on a 2 out HR, the farm truly ran the gambit of all the White Soxiest ways to lose today.

Iriarte did put up a second consecutive QS (with no walks!), but did give up 2 HR. Still, he looks mostly recovered from that rough patch he had, 21IP/4ER over his last 4 starts.

DJ had a great game defensively in addition to the HR, saved a run with a dive in the gap and robbed extra bases at the wall.

He finished 2-5, Gonzo went 2-5, and Hackenberg went 5-5. Just 3 singles for the rest of the lineup.

And then completing the winless day (after the system sweep yesterday), the Knights also lost 6-2.

They hit decently, just not in the right spots to make much out of it (1-8 with RISP).

Ramos 2-4 with the HR, Colas 2-4 with a 2B, Montgomery 1-2 with a BB, Elko 1-4 with a 2B, and 1-4 days for Quero and Deloach.

Nastrini was okay. 5IP, 8H, 2ER, 3BB, 4K. Matt Foster (remember him?) was great in his first inning, but gave up 2ER in his second.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

4 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Dj Gladney's first AA hit is a 3 run go ahead HR. Out in a hurry at 110mph.

I have never felt more like a player read one of my posts and was offended.

My apologies (or not?), Mr. Gladney.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

I have never felt more like a player read one of my posts and was offended.

My apologies (or not?), Mr. Gladney.

Gladney was in that bucket of guys with some loud tool, but also some very flawed part of their game (most typically strikeouts or hit tool) that we were hoping would have a breakout year, but to a man never really did.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

In Kanny, all the new guys got their first hit. Wolkow was 1-3 with 2 walks. LMG looks kinda like his mirror image at the plate, just two huge dudes. Ballers lost 6-3.

The WS game was tied 3-3 going into extras...they lost 12-8 after 10. The zone got really tiny, the teams combined for 7BB and 4XBH, and the Dash got the worst of it.

Zavala hit a 2 run HR and Kath hit a 3 run HR.

A bright spot for the WS pen was Pallette who has been excellent in relief (1.15 ERA and 0.70 WHIP through 15.2IP over 9 games) with 24 K/2 BB(!!).

Barons got walked off 7-5 on a 2 out HR, the farm truly ran the gambit of all the White Soxiest ways to lose today.

Iriarte did put up a second consecutive QS (with no walks!), but did give up 2 HR. Still, he looks mostly recovered from that rough patch he had, 21IP/4ER over his last 4 starts.

DJ had a great game defensively in addition to the HR, saved a run with a dive in the gap and robbed extra bases at the wall.

He finished 2-5, Gonzo went 2-5, and Hackenberg went 5-5. Just 3 singles for the rest of the lineup.

And then completing the winless day (after the system sweep yesterday), the Knights also lost 6-2.

They hit decently, just not in the right spots to make much out of it (1-8 with RISP).

Ramos 2-4 with the HR, Colas 2-4 with a 2B, Montgomery 1-2 with a BB, Elko 1-4 with a 2B, and 1-4 days for Quero and Deloach.

Nastrini was okay. 5IP, 8H, 2ER, 3BB, 4K. Matt Foster (remember him?) was great in his first inning, but gave up 2ER in his second.

i'd love to see them live. I remember seeing Keon Barnum at W-S and even though he sucked it was wild how massive he was compared to the rest of the players on the field. And he's smaller than them.